Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: 80% Glock AR Lower.  (Read 761 times)

Offline starfox223

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: 80% Glock AR Lower.
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2019, 10:46:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So, here's a question.

Instead of building it yourself - Why don't you just specify a parts list to a dealer like Flatulence...Have them make you one and be GTG as a legit "other"?

Truthfully, you could probably build a pretty solid 9mm other for about $700 out the door. The dealer tacks on some $$$$ for manufacturing and taking the risk...Call it a day.
I would not want to risk it myself. But every dealer wants $400+ to build one. Its b.s that excise tax would be that high and If they let me I'd put it together myself.

Online Masked

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 10:52:37 AM »
I would not want to risk it myself. But every dealer wants $400+ to build one. Its b.s that excise tax would be that high and If they let me I'd put it together myself.

So you're not willing to build it yourself but, the $400 in RISK the dealer is charging to build your other is too high?

Interesting.

You realize that liability exists with the manufacturer - IE Flatulence or the FFL07 and NOT you, right? What's that freedom worth to you?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:53:46 AM by Masked »

Online edgephoto

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Guns don't kill people. People kill people...
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 11:49:15 AM »
Freedom is not free......$400 to assemble an AR is not unreasonable. You are paying for labor, and piece of mind. Remember a business spends a lot of money on licensing and insurance. By assembling your parts they are losing out on profit on those parts.

Online Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+46)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 12:39:56 PM »
hell, half the people that assemble a complete 1 themselves do it incorrectly and have gas issues or buffer issues or band the finish up, trigger springs in backwards. i have seen so many lowers banged up at the bolt release, loosing parts, ect......

$400 for me to choose my brand parts and get a decent " other " the exact way i want it is pretty damn good. if i wasnt broke and saving my cash for my cruise in 3 weeks i would buy another....