News: **Please Read**. If you have a new or renewed membership on the site but it has not been added to your account after a day or two, please send the admin (mrnuke) a private message so your account can be corrected manually. There is an ongoing connectivity error with the Paypal subscription system.

Thank you

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Headline - SB 1160 Repealed !  (Read 2817 times)

Offline CTGunLawyer

• Forum Contributor
    • CTGunLawyer
Headline - SB 1160 Repealed !
« on: May 19, 2018, 04:40:05 PM »
SB-1160 Repealed !

Just imagine that headline.  This could be our year – if we don’t squander our opportunity.

The Dems have nominated Ned Lamont, well known for his far-left views.

The Republicans have not done much better. Although he’s attempting to distance himself, the Convention’s choice, Mark Boughton, was a member of Bloomberg’s anti-gun coalition of mayors. 

Only one candidate has publicly stated his position clearly.  As a member of our local Republican Town Committee, I’ve asked each gubernatorial candidate what his position is on the Second Amendment.
Only Bob Stefanowski gave us the right answer:  “If a bill to repeal SB-1160 were put on my desk, I would sign it.

Bob will support us.  We need to support Bob.  And we have to do it NOW !

Bob is petitioning to be on the primary ballot in August.  He needs 10,000 signatures of registered Republicans before June 12.  This may be our last chance to reclaim our rights.

Please be sure you sign a petition that is for the town where you are registered to vote as each page is only be valid for the town listed at the top. You  can obtain a petition through your Republican Town Chairman. For their names and email addresses, see:http://ct.gop/your-local-party] [url]http://ct.gop/your-local-party [/url]

Apathy and procrastination are our only enemies.

Please be a “Force Multiplier.”  Share this message with your friends and family members.

You can see and hear Bob at www.BobForGovernor.com 

Need more information, please send me an email to jlcrown@CTGunLawyer.com

Thank you for your help.

Jeff Crown

sludwinjr

Re: Headline - SB 1160 Repealed !
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 04:42:56 PM »
all I see is some bullshit politics as usual........   just more politicians using a bogus headline to get votes,

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 05:09:32 PM »
all I see is some bullshit politics as usual........   just more politicians using a bogus headline to get votes,

Yep.

When I saw that subject line I thought someone had replied today to an April fools post from last month.

How is anyone supposed to take Stefanowoski seriously when someone posts a subject line like "SB-1160 Repealed"?

Talk is cheap.

The following users thanked this post: Toybasher

Online edgephoto

• Highly Active Member
  • Guns don't kill people. People kill people...
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 05:17:27 PM »
I just read his website. if this is true he certainly has my attention. We all know how hard it is to get anyone elected that threatens the "gimme-dats" with work.

I don't know of any other candidates.

If he can just cut the spending and stop the mass exodus of people and business he will have done a good job. I want the gun laws reversed like all of us but that is another issue altogether.

Offline broken-link

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 07:09:22 PM »
The CT Democrat platform:
Guns-Bad  NRA-Bad Trump-Bad
The Republicans are the party of Trump and the NRA. 

Stefanowski has a Trump-like economic plan to reduce taxes, eliminate state income tax and lower corporate tax, but adds way too much detail with "RossPerrot2.0A.pdf" charts.
"A Five-Step Plan endorsed by President Reagan's Economic Advisor Dr. Arthur Laffer. ... billion budget deficit and a pension plan which is underfunded by $74 billion. ... Reduce SEBAC – lower staff via attrition, defined contribution plan" (technically impossible with dems controlling the house and senate).

No democrat will vote for this plan.

In addition, he plans to run the state as a corporation, and force small towns to regionalise services such as firehouses (WTF ? lost my vote.), and make DMV private.
http://www.wfsb.com/clip/13948234/bob-stefanowski-talks-about-race-for-ct-governor
Example, claims you "don't need 3 firehouses in West Haven". 

Talking point for the media, he has been away, voted in 2017, but has not voted in 2001-2016.

Lamont's plans:  the Florida gun laws (age 21, ghost guns, loopholes..), pledges support of dreamers, $15 min wage, paid leave, no budget on the back of teacher/unions, more money in school, more for rails because GE did not leave because of taxes, but because of not enough rail trains, raise hedge fund taxes...(the full democrat party line=the full party vote, more than 51% of state). 

TLDR summary--Stefanowski, cannot win.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:20:37 PM by number_six »

Offline FirefighterCT

• We're long overdue for a purge
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 07:12:49 PM »
I don't know enough (yet) about Bob Stefanowski but I do know Jeff Crown who just endorsed him here.  Jeff is a NO BULLSHIT guy and one of the few real pro-2A attorneys here in CT.  In the interest of full disclosure, I have paid Jeff for NFA Trust related legal services in the past.

I will do my homework on Stefanowski and I ask others to please do the same based on Jeff's recommendation.

We have few choices and little time.  Please get involved before we have ANOTHER loser liberal taking CT further down the drain.

Online obewan

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 10:08:45 PM »
I have personally heard Bob say he will sign an 1160 repeal.

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 10:13:17 PM »
Pigs will fly and hell will freeze over before the CT legislature hands any governor a repeal of SB-1160 to sign.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 10:13:35 PM by imahangtia »

Offline Supes3

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 10:14:31 PM »
Pigs will fly and hell will freeze over before the CT legislature hands any governor a repeal of SB-1160 to sign.

Certainly won't happen anytime soon.
"It's a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun control laws." - Ronald Reagan

Offline FirefighterCT

• We're long overdue for a purge
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 11:05:57 PM »
We can wish about an 1160 repeal.  Shit in one hand and wish in the other... which gets filled first.

Right now I'd be thrilled with some fiscal and fiduciary responsibility. 

We are truly BEYOND the tipping point on a financial basis.

Another liberal Governor will be the coup de grâce for CT.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal