General Category > Concealed and Open Carry in CT

Cinemark in Manchester - No Firearms Signs

<< < (6/16) > >>

WylCTShooter:
Here is the letter I am going to send Cinemark corporate and the Manchester Theater.  I took a number of the points from Rich_B's No Firearms = No Money cards. (Which I now carry with me).

--- Quote ---To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing you today to inform you that I will no longer be patronizing your cinema due to recent policy changes.  I have been a loyal customer of Cinemark Buckland Hills (formerly Rave Cinemas in Manchester, CT) for at least 20 years, going every week with a group of 4-6 people.  We each buy copious amounts of popcorn, soda, candy and other refreshments from the concession stands and are ideal customers.  We do not text, talk during the movie, bring small children to showings or perform any other undesirable behavior.

We no longer will be spending our money at Cinemark's Rave Cinemas because of your “No Firearms” policy.  While it is rare that we carry firearms on a daily basis, we are all licensed Pistol Permit holders.  What this means is that we each have been fingerprinted, run through Federal Background Checks, interviewed by the local police departments and have had no criminal history.  Can you say the same for every other customer?  To put it bluntly we are all successful individuals with our own businesses, have many philanthropic activities throughout the state and are well respected.  Why would you shun us?

I would like to add that this policy of your theater has also convinced me to avoid holding a corporate event at your theater, a process which I had already started the Request for Proposal (RFP) process.  Alternative venues for this event have already been found.

We will no longer attend movies at your cinema because with alarming frequency mass shootings have happened in theaters with “No Firearms” signs.  We will not self-select an area that is statistically more dangerous than your competitors because of a recent policy change (Rave cinemas had no such firearms policy).

I respectfully request that you change your policy as the majority of Americans and Connecticut citizens do not support these “No Firearms” policies.

Best Regards,

--- End quote ---

smitty750:
The thing i dont understand is how a no firearms sign trumps the 2nd ammemdment?? It just doesnt make sense to me.  Are you really trespassing? Or is that just what they charge you with?

WylCTShooter:
I would like to see specific requirements for no firearms signs like they do in Texas so we don't fall victim to people sleeping no firearms stickers when no such policy is in place.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JP90Talon:

--- Quote from: WylCTShooter on January 29, 2014, 05:20:58 PM ---I would like to see specific requirements for no firearms signs like they do in Texas so we don't fall victim to people sleeping no firearms stickers when no such policy is in place.

--- End quote ---

The state should require official state made no firearms signs be used by businesses to make it official and uniform. There should be an application process with all papers having to be notarized and should cost $50 per sign since they are essentially applying to have us wave our 2nd amendment right on their site. There should also be an annual renewal fee/charge per sign much like we have to renew our permits. Its just fair right?  :dunno:

Say when:
Concealed is concealed, only time a sign stopped me from carrying was when it was followed by a metal detector.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version