News: **** YAHOO, MSN and HOTMAIL are still blocking the forum mailbox, so you have to use a different email address, or PM the admin on facebook. ****

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Yearly Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Registration DPS-3 form  (Read 14253 times)

Offline eastct

• Standard Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
Registration DPS-3 form
« on: March 20, 2013, 11:00:01 AM »
A question - after purchasing a gun at a FFL dealer in CT a DPS-3 form is filled out and sent to the state police in Middletown and the chief of police in the purchasers home town. Does anyone know what is done with the information??   Is the state police information retained in a database?  What about the town information?  If the state police put the information in a database they already have "gun registration"...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:33:17 AM by MrNuke »

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
Re: Registration GPS-3 form
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:07:21 AM »
Don't forget that in addition to the forms, during the course of certain sales/transfers one calls the SLFU to obtain an authorization number before the transaction can be completed.

Information is being collected and recorded as people have reported that law enforcement has told them what firearms they own. Sometimes that information is incomplete or inaccurate.
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Offline Rich_B

• President - Connecticut Carry
  • Highly Active Member
  • Banned for not giving enough free ice cream.
    • Connecticut Carry - Fight for your rights!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 11:13:57 AM »
Yes. It is all stored in a database and they will know what you purchased at an FFL.
Real discussion on real issues, no third party ads, no virus shenanigans, no tin foil hats: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Offline zacker001

• Highly Active Member
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:31:02 AM »
And some places require a spent shell casing be sent to the fbi or pd or what ever it was to hold on record to match it to your weapon if the need ever arises... at least thats what the manual for the Ruger said when I read it last night while holding a spent casing and thinking, "hey Ruger, dont be giving me your trash, I dont need anymore......lol Seriously, i was like, ok, you test fired it, did I need to see a spent shell? lol.
There is no excuse that can be made, That can justify partaking in the needless slaughter of good pets, except complete ignorance!
-Me

Offline JayB

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 12:07:16 PM »
And some places require a spent shell casing be sent to the fbi or pd or what ever it was to hold on record to match it to your weapon if the need ever arises... at least thats what the manual for the Ruger said when I read it last night while holding a spent casing and thinking, "hey Ruger, dont be giving me your trash, I dont need anymore......lol Seriously, i was like, ok, you test fired it, did I need to see a spent shell? lol.

My S&W came with a spent shell from its test firing too. Nothing about Sending anything to the FBI though.

Offline krisp

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 12:09:16 PM »
I think the casing is only required to be registered in NY and MD. And i'm sure the number of crimes solved from the spent case database is a big goose egg.

Offline SPOProds-Sean O.

• Highly Active Member
  • SPO Tactical Defense
    • SPO Tactical Defense
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 12:22:54 PM »
My glocks all came with casings, 2 actually!
"It'sa barricade, not a benchrest. We actually fight from the barricade, we don't use it for support, you need that go get yourself a sandbag."
Evos are for evolvers.
www.SPOTacticalDefense.com

Offline CTbuilder1

• Highly Active Member
  • Turn down for what
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 12:29:29 PM »
Every pistol I have purchased new or have the original packaging to has come with a spent case.
Don't touch it. Don't even look at it. Go on, get out. You heard me. Don't look at me either.

Offline zacker001

• Highly Active Member
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 12:41:10 PM »
My S&W came with a spent shell from its test firing too. Nothing about Sending anything to the FBI though.

yeah, there was a little blurb in the manual that said some places requier it sent in, and its easier to just throw one in each box than it is to try and do it for just those shipping to places where you need the spent shell...  if your state / city doesnt, then look at it as proof that the gun has ben test fired and passed. lol
There is no excuse that can be made, That can justify partaking in the needless slaughter of good pets, except complete ignorance!
-Me

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 02:05:33 PM »
I think the casing is only required to be registered in NY and MD. And i'm sure the number of crimes solved from the spent case database is a big goose egg.

It (CoBIS) was so successful in NY that Cuomo killed the program last year after they hadn't solved a single crime in it's 11 years of operation and $40+ million of tax payer dollars expended (about $1.2 million a year)...
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal