FORUM ALERTS / NEWS

To all Sellers. Don't forget to start a New Classifieds ad for your item for sale in the 'NEW Classifieds' section. It has more exposure as items for sale are also posted on the Facebook and the old classifieds section automatically.

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

* Current Raffles

No posts were found.

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

* Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

* Latest Members

Latest Topics and Posts

IV8888: "Top 5 Redneck Guns"
by imahangtia | Today at 11:08:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyHQubSmhpY&feature=youtube_gdata_player...
Re: Contact state about permit status?
by sbhaven | Today at 10:05:41 PM
Look, I have no reason to think I won't have my permit issued well within the 8 week window, but you read story after story of people being issued their permit on the LAST day of the 8 weeks law, OR waiting many months beyond what the law calls for, and you have to wonder if the rules are being followed.  Sounds like there is no penalty or even acknowledgment if the 8 week law is exceeded?Read the statute links posted previously. You'll see there is NO punishment handed out to the town for intentionally delaying the approval (or denial) of a permit. Sucks but thats the reality. I'm one of those who ended up having to wait almost six months for New Haven to issue my permit back on 07/08. At least one person waited close to a year in Bridgeport.Now when one goes past eigh...
Re: 50 State Legal Suppressed Rifle.....
by BerettaBoy213 | Today at 09:41:31 PM
Its a statement gun, like the the mossberg shokewave, AR "pistols" with they're "arm braces" or all those psuedo-full-auto widgets."You can't stop the signal."FWIW I hear it reduces the muzzle report to only 139db, just barely "haring safe." Since black powder is supposed to be quieter than smokeless I wonder how good/true of a "suppressor" it really has. Purhaps its only one chamber? I also wonder how well you can really muzzle load BP with very many baffles near the muzzle. Won't some fall into the baffle chamblers and you end up with unburnt powder within a potential combustion chamber inside the gun? Odd. I'd like to see what that "suppressor" looks like on the inside....
Re: To Administrator Gabe !
by BerettaBoy213 | Today at 09:18:44 PM
:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:You sure it was only the phone which had a virus? Maybe you need to get tested? :eyejack:...
Re: Preban update from SLFU
by jettech1599 | Today at 08:36:01 PM
Also here is my plan if this while deal goes bad. I will take my prebans and go hide in the basement of a church in New haven. There is no way they would come for me then. It's a sanctuary City.Right?Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk...
Some people tear down statues, and others .....
by imahangtia | Today at 08:24:31 PM
https://www.rferl.org/a/moscow-unveil-statue-ak47-inventor-mikhail-kalashnikov/28742893.html...
Re: OFFICIAL: The New Gen5 GLOCK Has Arrived
by imahangtia | Today at 05:12:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QksiKWDBtQs...
Re: Local Stipple Jobs
by Bottom Rung | Today at 02:40:06 PM
I will second most of what SafeAction has said.  Like him, I do not currently own any stippled handguns.  Like him, I will also verify that the stipple work from Jojo's is the best I have ever seen. Like him, I would only consider Jojo's for any potential future stipple work.  A friend of mine had his Gen4 19 stippled by them last year. The gun came out fantastic. You are getting what you pay for from them.  I have two Gen3 19s that may require their services in the future.I am not friends with Jojo's, I'm just a lowly one time (thus far) customer. I have only used Jojo's to thread a barrel on a Ruger Mark II.  The price was fair, turnaround was fast, and they took the time to answer all of my questions over the phone before I set foot in t...
Re: Who wants a CT Legal semi-auto .308/7.62x51 detachable mag firearm? :D
by LostCanuck | Today at 11:06:15 AM
I'm surprised that barrel plus receiver equals 26".  Or can it not be fired with the "stock'' folded?...
Re: Pre ban status update
by jettech1599 | Today at 10:45:35 AM
I read the article. I guess that would be a non starter. But not sure what context it was posted under. I never got the opinion that she believed in those theories? Maybe if she had the chance to address the issue publicly. And move on?Oh well it's hard to find anyone who doesn't have some defect.What about ganim? Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkSo Bob new news?  Anything mentioned at the CCDL meeting? I am thinking the whole thing was a scam.Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk...
Re: Worst Cities to Live in Every State
by JBear | Yesterday at 07:39:50 PM
It's easy to know in CT, just look at which cities the Governor is giving money, and which one's he's taking it from in order to do so. ...
Re: For all around use, 1x or 3x?
by undecided | Yesterday at 06:00:33 PM
p.s. Got a good price on Burris AR332 and I am going to try it out.... I also got some irons just in case....
Re: Looking for a little help on value
by joelcramer | Yesterday at 04:42:30 PM
I bought my usp40 for 400 in a store.  That's about what they go for used.  The .45's always sell for more. As for warranty, don't believe the  hype.  Ive sent guns back to Hk and they've been great.  They didn't even charge me to swap out variants when I supplied the parts.  Turn around was fast too. i would say you are lucky. I have never had a good experience with HK....
Re: Hornady data (.380/9mm)?
by CTSixshot | September 17, 2017, 09:42:09 PM
Thanks very much.  Looks like a newer manual is in order for me....
Re: Any swap meets scheduled for the Fall?
by joelcramer | September 17, 2017, 09:08:50 PM
Glad to hear it went well. Warren works hard on these. They are a lot more work both time and labor than you might think....
Re: CT towns/cities that prohibit target practicing on private land
by M1A_All_Day | September 17, 2017, 08:40:13 PM
Nice little family you got there.Thanks- just pick-of-day from the safe.Brand new Colt AR15A4 upper with KAC M5 RAS and Trijicon on a Colt lower half (basically a M16A4 without select fire), Mossberg 500TR, and my trusty G19....
working on new stipple pattern
by sludwinjr | September 17, 2017, 07:58:04 PM
so I have always like my STI 1911's and they came with the tree bark style checkering on their front straps. I always wanted to buy a a bowie tactical glock with their grip reduction. Decided since I had a spare glock 29/30 frame....what the hell.....  sanded the finger grooves 75% of the way off, sanded the backstrap down and the raised panels on the sides down. smoothed it out with various grits of sandpaper. tried the way bowie tactical uses but was not grippy enough and felt slippery. so sanded it smooth and ground down 1 of the angled tips and stippled the grip. It came out decent, love the way it feels and has a good bite to it, but no more than the normal tiny dot stipple. Smoothed out the rough edges with 600 grit an tested it out. feels pretty good, good grip without hur...
Re: 9/15/17 - LEO trade-in Glock 42s
by imahangtia | September 17, 2017, 07:43:16 PM
This reminds me of the thread about SFLU no longer transferring prebans....
Re: After school shooting, sheriff gives Second Amendment defense
by JBear | September 17, 2017, 07:09:32 AM
He'd have to get a lot more mainstream attention before that happens. ...
Re: Night Sight Comparison
by RR917 | September 16, 2017, 11:22:33 PM
Anyone aware of a non-night sight version of the Trijicon HD?I think i have a set of those... the rear is all black, serrated and U notch. The front is orange, but not luminescent... i think it does have a tritium dot though.Last i looked trijicon did not list them on their website so they may be a discontinued model.It will be a while before i can check....

* Newest Classifieds

* Latest Images by Members

No attachments were found.

* Recent Posts