FORUM ALERTS / NEWS

To all Sellers. Don't forget to start a New Classifieds ad for your item for sale in the 'NEW Classifieds' section. It has more exposure as items for sale are also posted on the Facebook and the old classifieds section automatically.

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

* Current Raffles

No posts were found.

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

* Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

* Latest Members

Latest Topics and Posts

Re: Anyone here have/had a Springfield XD Mod 2?
by imahangtia | Today at 12:55:15 AM
:facepalm:Realty is cruel and hurts sometimes.  There, there... don't cry.  It will be okay.  ...
When does the slide start to move
by obewan | Yesterday at 11:19:41 PM
http://www.recoilweb.com/when-does-the-pistol-slide-start-to-move-127274.htmlSome neat high-speed photography....
Re: Churchill Movie
by JBear | Yesterday at 09:03:55 PM
So many idiots, so little time. This is why I stopped reading comments years ago, wtf am I doing? ...
Re: North Haven Police: Man pointed assault rifle at woman he thought was watching h
by newpermitee | Yesterday at 08:13:37 PM
I just hope this level of stupidity is not contagious Sent from my iPad using TapatalkIt's usually genetic....
Re: Joe Manchin Sees ‘Opportunity’ for Gun Control Under President Trump
by CT.Jer | Yesterday at 07:42:26 PM
Fuck off Joe.  :chairshot:...
Re: Gen 1 Glock 19-CT Value???
by BigB | Yesterday at 07:18:56 PM
With a big enough sample size of the right people you can claim anything. I've had the biggest issues with 33 round glock magazines and no other mags have given me any griefAgreed. What works for some will not always for others. My experience has left me of the opinion that I won't use them. To each his own. ...
Re: CAGV March Westport This Sunday w Murphy
by sludwinjr | Yesterday at 04:39:52 PM
fixed it...
Re: AIWB holsters
by alukban | Yesterday at 02:59:33 PM
I make my own that has an absolute minimum of material beyond the gun itself, arbitrarily adjustable for cant/height, slightly flared opening, has generous "flab protection", and bump out for the mag release  ;Dhttp://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/bankayhoodlum/guns/G43/8B16625F-EFCA-4642-92AF-9566FCAEE63B_zpsrerpxzwb.jpghttp://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/bankayhoodlum/guns/G43/CC40E285-EA3C-489E-A0F1-3E11D671C2D7_zpsggnfinbv.jpgI also just sometimes use a version of the Raven Vanguard that I made.http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/bankayhoodlum/guns/G43/87AB9772-7F83-4617-BC77-9783AD8F72A9_zpsnmbuyoqn.jpg...
Re: NRA Basic Pistol *UPDATES*
by joelcramer | Yesterday at 02:39:24 PM
If they do I'm sure they will charge people for it.I would expect to pay for their time. I know I could just read through the material and get it done. But a class room where it is given to me is easier....
Re: Shell Shock Technologies cases
by CTSixshot | Yesterday at 06:49:31 AM
FWIW:https://www.ammoland.com/2017/03/shell-shock-nas3-casings-used-warhorse-firearms-rockies-new-ammo-line/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=618968d481-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-618968d481-20929381...
Re: Delauro on TV
by icanthitabarn | March 27, 2017, 11:24:30 PM
' It's ' the only 'woman' I've seen that visits the local ghetto Goodwill and raids their dumpster, sews the worst of it together, wears it and expects us to consider it a 'fashion statement !I wouldn't dress a leprous corpse with what 'it' calls 'clothes' !!She is pretty good at walking on two X two sticks that represent legs on that walking corpse!Zindo Please explain if indeed clothing was handmade...
Re: Homeowner's son shoots, kills three would-be burglars with AR-15
by Blaster | March 27, 2017, 10:48:55 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/51402380.jpg...
Despite Stringent Gun Control, One ‘Child or Youth’ Shot Every Day in Ontario
by IamJohninCT | March 27, 2017, 08:29:20 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/27/despite-stringent-gun-control-one-child-or-youth-shot-every-day-in-ontario/Despite Stringent Gun Control, One ‘Child or Youth’ Shot Every Day in Ontarioby AWR Hawkins27 Mar 2017Despite stringent gun controls that read like a Democrat wish-list for U.S. gun policy, a new study shows the province of Ontario, Canada, witnesses one “child or youth” shot every day. The study was conducted by the Canadian Medical Association Journal.According to The Star, the lead author of the study, Dr. Natasha Saunders, said, “A child or youth injured by a gun each day in this province is staggering.” She believes this should serve as impetus for doctors to be more involved in the conversation about firearms in Ontario, including co...
Re: Anyone familiar with "Shooting Illustrated" magazine?
by IamJohninCT | March 27, 2017, 08:12:53 PM
as an idea - rather than throw them out - can you give them to a buddy (tho they should be a member) or leave them for folks to look thru (senior housing, gun club)?  Just a thought to 'recycle' them and maybe give someone the idea to join the NRA.  I don't always read my issues of American Rifleman either - and when they stack up - it just seems like just a waste to just chuck them into the recycling bucket.  I don't have any great answers on where to donate them - but I am looking for a way to get each issue another use.  Maybe I'm just cheap.  ...
Re: House shopping ugh!!!
by SebertJr | March 27, 2017, 04:19:04 PM
did I mention the small lake and that it was in a heavy forest area ?? :laugh:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCJ_flbA_Ac...
Machineguns Shoot in PA
by joelcramer | March 27, 2017, 01:37:48 PM
There is a new machine gun shoot in PA. This is the second year for this event. It is looking good! I will be attending, on line position #3. So if you happen to be in the area at the time and want to shoot a machine gun please contact me and maybe we can hook up. If I can not help you then there will be rentals on the firing line and you should be able to shoot almost anything. The Quad 50 will also be there this year.It is about 4.5 hours from Wallingford to Monroeton PA. The preferred hotel is giving a special rate of $70.00 reduced from $109. They also have special attractions. Assault Hike Enjoy a hike through the woods with your assault rifle and engage both Steel and AUTOTARGETS! Our new and improved and recently relocated assault hike is always sold out, so register early and lock ...
Re: ComGraf Pump Action Rifle Update
by Sixshot6 | March 27, 2017, 10:54:32 AM
sbHaven and M1A_All_Day make good points. The feedback is much appreciated. TGS Outdoors continues to retail the CGAR15FM fixed magazine lowers and has sold almost a dozen to date. Total sales, including individual buyers, is now at 22 lowers. These are slow beginnings, I know, but a growing list of CT residents are clearly convinced that this platform fully complies with the law. Three of those sales have been complete rifles and we're certainly willing to expand that offering if there is the interest M1A_All_Day suggests. Sales of Pump Action Rifle conversion kits now totals six units, but so far all have been to out-of-state buyers: 2 to CA and one each to VA, NY, FL and PA. The PA sale was to comply with their hunting laws, a ban on the use of semi-automatic rifles for that purpos...
Re: PISTOL W ROUND IN CHAMBER - NEW LONDON
by number_six | March 27, 2017, 10:51:28 AM
From yahoo search, there are a lot of gun arrests in New London area.They all involve some other incident besides just a loaded gun.http://patch.com/connecticut/newlondon/police-arrest-new-london-man-seize-pistol-after-brandishing-loaded-gun-duringThe only one I found with a legal permit involved an argument, "brandishing" weapon, left the scene, and was later found with a loaded gun. "NEW LONDON, CT - A man's weapon was seized Sunday in connection with a verbal argument that escalated when the firearm was drawn.Police responded to reports of a loud verbal argument outside a Connecticut Avenue residence between two females, which began on the front porch and had moved onto the sidewalk. A man arrived shortly after in a Nissan and joined in on the argument after exiting ...
Re: HRG 2017 Schedule
by SCRIBE | March 27, 2017, 08:57:28 AM
Does anyone have more info on the 03/29/17 Practical/Tactical seminar shown in the link on HRG? I sent off an email but in case I don't hear back...ThanksThere is a clinic on 8 April, if you don't get info via their email you can PM me. The clinic is for club members only but if there are seats open they sometimes make them available to non-members....
Re: Moving to CT with an SBR
by edgephoto | March 27, 2017, 08:48:40 AM
You need to call the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit and get a Certificate of Possession for an AW. Ask fo Deirdre i think. With the CoP you can submit your form to BATFE. SLFU supposedly will accept ar15.com preban list as proof. Sent from my LGL41C using TapatalkDeirdre gave me a Certificate for a pre ban lower. I just printed the pre ban list as proof. I had filled out the form and brought it with me. She disappeared for a few minutes and came back with the completed form. She said she uses the same list to verify pre ban status.You need to go to Middletown DESPP headquarters and stand in the line for permits. Then when you get to the window explain what you want.I did this in June or July just before the 41F took effect....

* Newest Classifieds

* Latest Images by Members

No attachments were found.

* Latest Vendor Deals

ComGraf Pump Action Rifle Update by Sixshot6
[March 27, 2017, 10:54:32 AM]