FORUM ALERTS / NEWS

To all Sellers. Don't forget to start a New Classifieds ad for your item for sale in the 'NEW Classifieds' section. It has more exposure as items for sale are also posted on the Facebook and the old classifieds section automatically.

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

* Current Raffles

No posts were found.

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

* Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

* Latest Members

Latest Topics and Posts

Re: Arisaka length of pull
by CTSixshot | Today at 11:39:07 AM
Can't say I've ever fired the Type 99, but I understand the regular production Arisakas have very strong receivers. If you can get one for under $300 (same goes for the SMLE,, Mausers, Mosins, etc.), I'd think you'd have yourself an economical hi-power shooter. Most of the mil-surps (even 100+ year olds) shoot as good as the day they were made. Unlike the 6.5x50mm (Type 38), ammo for the Type 99 (7.7x58mm) is plentiful, or at least, easily made.I'd be willing to assist you in reloading for this rifle, so get one (two...three or more) of these rifles and get shooting!...
Re: Looking for the best place for first time training
by safeaction | Today at 11:36:11 AM
I’ve taken plenty of classes as well as traveled extensively shooting gun games.  Take a hard look at the trainers and their credentials.  Lots of people call themselves trainers but should not be training anyone.  Ask around and get opinions.  Stay away from recommendations from youtube.  Has anyone ever seen a negative review on YouTube?  Every gun review says the thing is the greatest ever.  Sound advice from a hi-level shooter!There is nothing scarier than someone touting themselves as an NRA instructor.  Anyone with a couple hundred dollars can get that title. When I took it the guys in the class had no business even owning a gun.Hey I resemble that remark, in all seriousness tho.... I've found that NRA instructors with competitive shooti...
Re: Ranges Open-Thanksgiving?
by Flatulence | Today at 10:32:09 AM
We are until 2p.Fairfield County Firearms....
Black Friday Sale - Now Through Cyber Monday
by cdarmssupply | Today at 10:14:39 AM
10% Off Most Items - 30% Off Clearance Items - FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS - Now Through Cyber MondayUse Code 'BF2017' At CheckoutLocal pickup availablewww.cdarmssupply.com...
Re: Still reluctant about shooting cast bullets?
by CTSixshot | Today at 07:32:30 AM
Although most of the bullet varieties on hand are jacketed, I do have some 9mm Makarov LRNs, too. Now that I acquired a few hundred pieces of brass, come and load some. Sorry, range is no longer open so you can't pop any off here in your Makarov, CZ, etc......don't bother now, unless you have more brass. The rest got loaded this morning....
Re: CT Against Gun Violence with Speaker Jonathan Perloe
by Will1776 | Today at 12:36:05 AM
These people are the worst ...
Re: Athena Silencer from Badger State Ordnance
by inmyshadow | Yesterday at 07:54:14 PM
I can't speak of quality.  I'd suggest researching the fees.  If this is an out of state seller, most local Class3 dealers are going to charge a fee.  A fee that might not make it worth it over buying from a local silencer shop dealer.Anybody hear anything negative or positive about these cans for 22 LR?http://www.badgerstateordnance.com/black-friday-special-athena-22lr-suppressor/There is a black friday sale going for only $99...
Re: Branford GC e-mail...
by CT.Jer | Yesterday at 07:19:16 PM
Damn, i wish i saw this earlier.  I need to go check these out. ...
$100 rebate on Savage rifles
by morph860 | Yesterday at 07:03:33 PM
http://860firearms.com/pages/save-on-a-savage...
$50 Rebate on S&W Revolvers & Bodyguard
by morph860 | Yesterday at 06:05:55 PM
www.860firearms.com/pages/sw-winter-promotion...
Re: Mossberg Shockwave Tactical Rail - Black Aces Tactical
by cdarmssupply | Yesterday at 03:03:35 PM
Yes they are -I have sold 1000's of their rails for the other platforms over the years and was very happy to see them come out for the Shockwave....
Re: Pachaug Outdoor Club plates
by CTSixshot | Yesterday at 01:45:41 PM
The next indoor plate shoot is this Sunday 11/26 at 10:00 AM, head to head competition with 7 targets for each shooter. ...
Re: 9mm pistols with stepped chambers?
by CTSixshot | Yesterday at 10:14:17 AM
I'll sell you these and you can have them brazed and resized...gtg!https://i.imgur.com/5j3sBNM.jpg...
Re: .44 Mag lever guns and recoil
by Bottom Rung | November 21, 2017, 07:40:42 PM
Late to the party...What Noodles said...I owned a Marlin 1894 in .44 Mag.  The recoil varied widely with the load.  A heavy load is going to be a heavy load no matter what.  I would say a hot .44 Magnum load out of my 1894 put the recoil feelz to my shoulder in the .308 Win. range.Run it with .44 Specials and the recoil is gone.  In fact, it almost tickles.  The fun factor goes up 10 fold as well.  Good luck....
Re: Police Misconduct in Naugatuck.
by Sforan | November 21, 2017, 03:07:45 PM
DONT TRUST THIS GUY! Kidding....Odd thing is, shes on the outskirts of town near the range up on the mountain. Other people shoot up there on their own property, along with the other side of town (other side of the mountain still butting up against Naugatuck State Forest) without any issues. Im in Waterbury now, but the majority of my life was in Naugatuck. I know for a fact people shoot without issue.Ya they do . The guy up to the left on the other street skeet shoots. Those clay disks. I have videos of hunters shooting off rounds every weekend. I watched a father and son take down a buck a few weeks ago right off my property. I live off Hunters RD . Take a right off my street and there are signs posted every where for the hunters. You cant make this stuff up.This may or may not be S.Fora...
Re: Training Question
by Broadhead | November 21, 2017, 09:06:31 AM
Lower Fairfield County...
Re: Mass shooting Las Vegas, over 50 dead, 100 injured
by sbhaven | November 21, 2017, 08:05:27 AM
Las Vegas shooting: Attorneys file lawsuits on behalf of more than 450 victimshttp://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/21/las-vegas-shooting-attorneys-file-lawsuits-on-behalf-more-than-450-victims.htmlAttorneys who filed one of the first lawsuits after the Oct. 1 mass shooting that killed 58 concert-goers and left hundreds injured on the Las Vegas Strip filed four new negligence cases Monday on behalf of more than 450 victims.This time, however, Houston-based lawyers Chad Pinkerton and Mo Aziz filed the cases in Los Angeles against companies including MGM Resorts International, the corporate owner of both the Mandalay Bay resort and the Route 91 Harvest Festival concert venue.Pinkerton said the intent was to get the cases before a jury less likely to be influenced by the size and clout of a casin...
Re: Mossberg Shockwave
by morph860 | November 20, 2017, 10:24:11 PM
1 left...
Steyr Arms Consumer Rebates
by morph860 | November 20, 2017, 10:12:15 PM
Some of this stuff is way too much fun for us in CT - but they are running some good deals right now.https://www.860firearms.com/pages/steyr-arms-consumer-rebate...
Re: Shoulder rig recommendations for Glock 29 or 1911?
by BerettaBoy213 | November 20, 2017, 09:21:35 PM
"Best weapon for home defense" threads typically go like:Joe, ".357 revolver is the best and most reliable"Bill, "An AR-15 is the best."Jim, "An AR-15?  Are you fvcking nuts?!  You will kill all your neighbors with the penetration"Ben, "No AR-15 bullets break up in the first inch of drywall"Jason, "A 20 gauge with bird sho"t is best"Allen, "A 9mm with heat seeking bullets"Mike, "9mm?  Are you freaking kidding?  10mm!!!!"Norton, "I vote for a minigun"Ralph, "12 gauge semi auto with 3.5" slugs"Charlie, ".38 special with poison tipped bullets"etc, etc, etc.......Barrett .50 BMG 10" barrel "pistol." If you miss, the concussion will still get...

* Newest Classifieds

WTS Complete Colt SP1 AR Lower Preban $1,100 by tlaw203
[Today at 10:41:16 AM]

Assorted ammo FS by CTSixshot
[Today at 08:02:28 AM]

WTS Mossberg Maverick 88 with extras $200 by ian6161
[Today at 01:35:53 AM]

WTS Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm $399 (Price Drop) by ian6161
[Yesterday at 09:28:42 PM]

WTB: Mossberg 500 barrel by ian6161
[Yesterday at 09:28:03 PM]

WTS Glock 42 **SPF** by JordanB