1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Johnny Glock Triggers?

(Read 99 times)

Jake

• Highly Active Member
Has anyone here used a Johnny Glock trigger.  The guy is out of Florida and has a bunch of videos on youtube where he discusses various nuances regarding Glock triggers and modifications to them. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… "  Cesare Beccaria 1764

Masked

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
So, a Glock is a Glock, is a Glock...Right?

I'd be very careful buying an aftermarket Glock trigger from a business without liability - In general. I've never heard of Johnny Glock...I personally use Overwatch in every pistol I have.

To take that a step further, you should be completely aware that in any self defense situation, a trigger modification of any kind, will be used against you in the court of law.

For example - Say you did a trigger job to your own trigger.

After an incident, your pistol is taken to an armorer who assess the status of the weapon. He notes a trigger job, lighter or heavier and what was done to the firearm.

Now you're in court after said incident - Armorer/Glock expert testifies that you had work done - You lightened the trigger.

Other side now takes you to task, asking if you're an expert or an armorer, if your modification was necessary, what it's purpose was...Ultimately they now claim you modified your trigger for tactical purposes and you're an evil monster.

I would never purchase a modified stock Glock trigger - EVER.

If you're going to buy a trigger, ensure it's the way you want it as it sits and purchase it, as it sits.

Jake

• Highly Active Member
How is what he is doing any different from Overwatch?  From the information on his site and his videos, he claims to use Glock parts for the most part.   He does use aftermarket connectors.  And, he differentiates between his triggers for carry as  opposed to competition.  Personally, I would not use a modified trigger in a gun that I carry either.  Anyway, his videos are pretty interesting and if you search him, he seems to have a lot of very positive reviews regarding his triggers and customer service.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… "  Cesare Beccaria 1764

Mustang

• Forum Contributor
  • Highly Active Member
Same could be said for aftermarket sights. Never heard of Johnny Glock.
“The greatest Danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution.”

Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
as long as the trigger passes the safety test, I see nothing wrong with carrying a proven aftermarket trigger.

Out of all the aftermarket triggers sold in this country from lets say Agency, overwatch precision, apex, zev, pyramid, orange county, ssvi ect......  I have never seen in the news of someone who used their gun in self defense get fucked for having an aftermarket trigger.  I only see the idiots who negligently pull the trigger "accidentally" because their shocker finger was on the trigger.

Personally I stick to agency, overwatch ssvi as these has passed the test for me to feel comfortable carrying...... but seeing i live in this shitty state.....

my 2 cents is worth about a wooden fracking nickle after taxes ;D

Masked

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
How is what he is doing any different from Overwatch?  From the information on his site and his videos, he claims to use Glock parts for the most part.   He does use aftermarket connectors.  And, he differentiates between his triggers for carry as  opposed to competition.  Personally, I would not use a modified trigger in a gun that I carry either.  Anyway, his videos are pretty interesting and if you search him, he seems to have a lot of very positive reviews regarding his triggers and customer service.

I'm looking at his website - He does trigger jobs. He modifies the stock parts.

Overwatch takes their version of a shoe. That has undergone extensive testing. Puts it into a stock connector and calls it a day.

Overwatch has a mountain of liability insurance and insanely stringent QC.

I have no idea who Johnny Glock is...Maybe he's the bee's knees. Really don't know.

I'd be incredibly wary of who works on your firearms and your triggers. Make sure they have the proper insurance and capabilities before they even touch your firearm.