Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Has CT ever been sued over their gun registry?

(Read 313 times)

joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It was a record of purchases for long guns purchased from FFL's in CT, but it was a registry of handguns purchased in CT for many years. Post 4/4/13 its a registry since all transfers (face to face or at retail) require notifying the state and sending in the paperwork. Like most states there is no record of firearms belonging to those who move into the state (or those who move out). As we all know the firearms database if chock full of errors and incorrect information.

To the OP. Don't know off hand if anyone's sued over the firearms database specifically. Even if someone did the chances are good the judge would side with the gun grabbers/state and say a registry is legal. They've pretty much always sided with the state anytime anyone has challenged the firearm laws.

One can review the history of a statute by looking at the History section of the statute.
The only restriction on gun registration is a restriction on Federal laws. There is nothing in any law preventing a state from keeping a gun registry.

toker

• Highly Active Member
Oh its inaccurate all right. We just got a request for 16, yes SIXTEEN DPS-3s from 2016!
I wonder if they're just catching up to 2016. Because as you saw in my thread yesterday, CT was looking for the DPS-3-C for a shotgun I sold to Cabela's in 2016.

If I didn't do my job for 3 years, I wouldn't have it any longer
"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson

joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
If I didn't do my job for 3 years, I wouldn't have it any longer
Go easy on those ladies who do that job. They have been given a lot of additional work in the last few years with no additional help. It would be easy to pull a person from the phone issuing authorization numbers to deal with the backlog of paperwork, But is that what you want?