News: **** YAHOO, MSN and HOTMAIL are still blocking the forum mailbox, so you have to use a different email address, or PM the admin on facebook. ****

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Join Us for a Pro 2nd Amendment Rally Saturday September 7th  (Read 709 times)

Online RevlimiterRuss

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
Re: Join Us for a Pro 2nd Amendment Rally Saturday September 7th
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 08:41:15 PM »
My.02......their marketing sucks.

I got and email on Wed about a rally on Sat.
Anyone with any sense knows that you need to build momentum for these things and certainly not give people 2 days notice.
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.”
~George Washington

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 08:55:29 PM »
I bet there were not more than 100 people there.
That's about what I thought were there. Not more than 100. Which was too bad. Thought  Maj Toure from Black Guns Matter was good although his talk was way too short. He should have spoken longer with more media sound bites that could be used to spread the word/message. He made some very good points that will get lost in the noise and small turnout.
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online Wrongthink

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 11:40:46 PM »
Light (extremely light...) attendance is too bad, but on the other hand... Pro 2A people are not exactly the kind of people to go to a rally. We are just not that kind of people - and the other side is.

Online msg1956

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2019, 08:44:32 AM »
As stated, most conservative/2A people are more independent (for better or worse), and tend to be less hive-minded then the Left.  That means they are less inclined to grab their pitch fork and torch, and rail against some perceived injustice.

This poorly attended rally doesn’t surprise me.  Unless such an event leads to tens of thousands of protesters shutting down basic services, no one (especially the politicians) really cares.  The 50-60 thousand of us who showed up for the anti-income tax rally found that out.  Weicher and the Dems just laughed it off.

Protests and rally’s, unless they are widespread and disruptive enough to threaten the powerful, will not help our cause.  Getting the right politicians elected or defeated will.  Elections have consequences, and that is where our efforts should be focused.  Those who show up make the rules.  Can you all imagine what would have already passed if Hillary and the Dems were in control?

There is absolutely no way all this can end well for gun owners.  Too many innocent people have been slaughtered by derranged individuals for the politicians not to act.  But, if we can get/keep the right lawmakers in place, we may be able to mitigate some of the damage.

Now please don’t call me a defeatist Fudd.  I have been fighting this battle since before many of you were born.  I was a member of the “Assault rifle of the month” club, eagerly buying whatever was the latest and greatest, before the bans.  And I happen to think, if you could own only one firearm, it should be an AR15.

I also worked for DLO MFG from the 80s into the 90s, and built hundreds of machine guns for private sales. And I personally own everything from flintlocks to machine guns.  The only “sporting” type arms I own I inherited, and I have never hunted anything.

So, I am no Fudd.  Older and a bit pragmatic, but no Fudd.

The simple truth is, America has changed.  We have become a far more urban society, with changing demographics, and over half a century of indoctrination of our youth by the Left controlled re-educational system.  All this means conservative values just arent supported like they once were, and that includes the 2A.

I mean, can anyone really envision a Republican like Reagan winning 49 out of 50 states in today’s America?

The bottom line to my rambling is this:  Forget the poorly attended rally.  It was quickly organized, in a state that already has stricter gun laws then anything that might pass federally.  No wonder beleaguered CT gun owners found something else to do.

If you want to slow/stop the spread of CA/NY/CT type laws to the free states, work to break the Dem strangle hold on CTs ENTIRE congressional delegation.  Even if the cities have a lock on the 2 senatorial seats, surely we can target a Rep or two. And that could make all the difference in the world federally.

I am not saying accept defeat, and give up.  What I am saying is, accept that there will be defeats, fight harder to lessen the effects of those defeats, and work on the victories we can force thru.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:56:22 AM by msg1956 »
Politicians, like diapers, should be changed frequently and for the same reasons.

Offline Blaster

• Highly Active Member
  • Don't tread on me.
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2019, 01:54:28 PM »
A low turnout 2A rally is a signal to the Dems that support on our side is diminishing. Holding a poorly attended event is detrimental to the cause.

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 05:06:41 PM »
Light (extremely light...) attendance is too bad, but on the other hand... Pro 2A people are not exactly the kind of people to go to a rally. We are just not that kind of people - and the other side is.
Exactly and this is not just a gun rally problem. People like us just have other things to do and want to be left alone.