Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

I'm on the Delinquent list.... thanks hoffmans......

(Read 1516 times)

Glock84

• PROTECT the 2nd!
When I have done trade ins at brick and mortar dealers, they handled and submitted all paperwork to the state. Hoffmans should be the ones to send in your paperwork since the deal was with them.

speedway

• Highly Active Member
  • Freedom is NOT free. (ammo_is_expensive!)
If the state loses your paperwork, then they send letters to the seller. 

I have received two of these letters.  Two different very reputable FFL’s whom I know are vigilant with their paperwork.
Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:21:21 AM by speedway

joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
and hoffmans was the seller on 1
I always send the paper work in for both when I take trade ins or buy outright ans I would Expect Hoffman's to do it also. Just remember what the state requirement is. If the paperwork is for the gun they sold to you you might just want to ignore it and there will be no repercussions on you. But if it the gun you traded in or sold to them then it is on you ultimately.

Stevo I know you already know this. I do understand how frustrating it is.

Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
I always send the paper work in for both when I take trade ins or buy outright ans I would Expect Hoffman's to do it also. Just remember what the state requirement is. If the paperwork is for the gun they sold to you you might just want to ignore it and there will be no repercussions on you. But if it the gun you traded in or sold to them then it is on you ultimately.

Stevo I know you already know this. I do understand how frustrating it is.

its just them being lazy and hiring morons. every once in a while they hire someone good, but the service there is worse than getting gas in new jersey......  I have the copies on my desk waiting to be sent in. there is a few purchases I may be making soon and dont need the b/s. 

Funny thing is, this sort of paperwork errors, is what started Riverview with getting hammered...... they had enough errors with the paperwork and then found quite a few guns missing.... be a shame if hoffmans had that happen.

GoodGuyWithAGun

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • Better to have and not need than need and not have
It is the sellers responsibility to send in the forms.

I just got one too, for a out of state GB sale that I transferred to Delta. Don't they usually handle all the paperwork?

JBear

• Highly Active Member
I was in Hoffman's three times last week, because I was driving by anyway and they are the only place anywhere near anywhere I go that had what I want in the cabinet. Each time there were more employees on the floor than there were customers in the store, if not by a 2-1 margin then close to it. I stood at the cabinet looking through the glass for no less than five minutes each visit, never had one person approach me. Must be nice to not be hungry. I bought it today on Gunbroker instead. For the money I saved, I don't need to hold it first. Their loss.
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.

Durham68

• Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.

I just got one too, for a out of state GB sale that I transferred to Delta. Don't they usually handle all the paperwork?

Get them a copy of the letter and Delta will take care of it. 

joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member

Funny thing is, this sort of paperwork errors, is what started Riverview with getting hammered...... they had enough errors with the paperwork and then found quite a few guns missing.... be a shame if hoffmans had that happen.
Hoffamns is not going anywhere. it was not that long ago ATF spent months with them getting paperwork issues taken care of. Most big gun shops have lots of paperwork issues. As long as it is only paperwork then ATF will help you work through it. When they start finding missing guns and paperwork issues that are not errors but fraud, then you will have problem aka Riverside.

Flatulence

• Highly Active Member
  • FCFAA
Hoffamns is not going anywhere. it was not that long ago ATF spent months with them getting paperwork issues taken care of. Most big gun shops have lots of paperwork issues. As long as it is only paperwork then ATF will help you work through it. When they start finding missing guns and paperwork issues that are not errors but fraud, then you will have problem aka Riverside.

Exactly. The ATF is there to assure compliance. There are always going to be paperwork errors where humans are involved. Their job (at least the inspectors) is to find problems and address the causes. They are not the boogeymen they are made out to be.
Fairfield County Firearms & Archery LLC 01, 07, 08 FFL
4 New Canaan Ave Norwalk CT 06851
203 354 0616

joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
Exactly. The ATF is there to assure compliance. There are always going to be paperwork errors where humans are involved. Their job (at least the inspectors) is to find problems and address the causes. They are not the boogeymen they are made out to be.
They are not supposed to be the boogeymen. However they often are exactly that. There are lots of shops that have gone down for no real reason. Just piss off a document examiner and see what they can do to you.

To be fair ATF has so far always been good and professional with me. The first time I had an inspection there was lots of opportunity for them to have their way with me. Instead they put me on the path to correction. I only got the strongly worded letter and a revisit one year later. 

Flatulence

• Highly Active Member
  • FCFAA
They are not supposed to be the boogeymen. However they often are exactly that. There are lots of shops that have gone down for no real reason.

These places, at least the CT ones, had more serious violations or a pattern of the same issues.
Fairfield County Firearms & Archery LLC 01, 07, 08 FFL
4 New Canaan Ave Norwalk CT 06851
203 354 0616