Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Proof Glocks are not perfect  (Read 999 times)

Offline WaterRat

• Forum Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Proof Glocks are not perfect
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2019, 05:45:11 PM »
Damn, can you imagine how painful it was to the ears when he opened up with the rifle?

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2019, 07:04:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Damn, can you imagine how painful it was to the ears when he opened up with the rifle?
If you listen carefully you can hear one of the officers commenting to another how they cannot hear near the end of the video.
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2019, 07:26:09 PM »

6:40

Online msg1956

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2019, 08:29:51 AM »
I am generally a strong supporter of police, and try to resist second guessing officers.  However, this incident seems too bizarre to even be real.

They made so many bad decisions, it is hard to believe they had any training at all!  It’s like two teens watched every 80’s shoot-em-up cop movie, stole guns, put on uniforms, and went looking for a shootout.  That, or they just returned from multiple combat deployments.  Although, I bet the rules of engagement would have been stricker then this.

Good God!  Even if you could justify killing this guy, how is there any marginally trained person who would think blazing away while traveling in a residential neighborhood was a good idea? Does shooting a 3 year old in a car seat, or in their own living room sound like protecting the public to anyone?

Let’s say they could justify shooting, and were chasing him down a deserted country road with no one around. Why not have the cop in the passenger seat with the rifle do the shooting?  The driver could concentrate on driving. Then the other officer could lean out the window and deliver accurate rifle fire, without blowing their eardrums out. Unbelievable!

Like I said, I don’t like to second guess the police.  They have an incredibly tough job, that I wouldn’t want.  However, I spent over three decades in uniform, and training is supposed to help midigate fear, confusion and excitement. The fact that neither one of those officers had the presents of mind to see they were out of control, speaks to deeper problems in the Anaheim PD. 

« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 08:32:44 AM by msg1956 »
Politicians, like diapers, should be changed frequently and for the same reasons.

Offline WaterRat

• Forum Contributor
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 09:17:56 AM »
If you listen carefully you can hear one of the officers commenting to another how they cannot hear near the end of the video.

Oh, I heard them. I was just thinking of one time when I fired off a round with the AR at the club and had forgotten my headset. Not pleasant.  :facepalm:

Online inmyshadow

• Highly Active Member
  • I am a newbie. :-)
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2019, 09:20:09 AM »
I'm wondering if this event is a "If I'm shooting, you are shooting". 

The first officer started.  The second trusted his fellow officer's judgement, starting to also fire.
James Dempsey Jr

Online MrNuke

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Go Big or go Home..
  • Referrals: 2
    • CTGUNTALK.COM Firearms Forum
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 10:08:14 AM »
I'm wondering if this event is a "If I'm shooting, you are shooting". 

The first officer started.  The second trusted his fellow officer's judgement, starting to also fire.

Usually is the course of action. At least from all the police shootings I've seen
CTGUNTALK.COM CT's Hottest Guns and Firearms, Laws, Range Info, Politics, News and Events Social Site.

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 02:19:01 PM »
I am generally a strong supporter of police, and try to resist second guessing officers.  However, this incident seems too bizarre to even be real.

They made so many bad decisions, it is hard to believe they had any training at all!  It’s like two teens watched every 80’s shoot-em-up cop movie, stole guns, put on uniforms, and went looking for a shootout.  That, or they just returned from multiple combat deployments.  Although, I bet the rules of engagement would have been stricker then this.

Good God!  Even if you could justify killing this guy, how is there any marginally trained person who would think blazing away while traveling in a residential neighborhood was a good idea? Does shooting a 3 year old in a car seat, or in their own living room sound like protecting the public to anyone?

Let’s say they could justify shooting, and were chasing him down a deserted country road with no one around. Why not have the cop in the passenger seat with the rifle do the shooting?  The driver could concentrate on driving. Then the other officer could lean out the window and deliver accurate rifle fire, without blowing their eardrums out. Unbelievable!

Like I said, I don’t like to second guess the police.  They have an incredibly tough job, that I wouldn’t want.  However, I spent over three decades in uniform, and training is supposed to help midigate fear, confusion and excitement. The fact that neither one of those officers had the presents of mind to see they were out of control, speaks to deeper problems in the Anaheim PD.

See Ricks' commentary above. It's long but insightful. tl;dr: thin blue line + police unions + cozy relationship with DAs + ability to claim "just did as I was trained" = wide open opertunity for any abusive or bloodthirty personality (not most cops obviously) to get away with whatever they want.

Online msg1956

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2019, 04:37:35 PM »
Who’s Rick?
Politicians, like diapers, should be changed frequently and for the same reasons.

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2019, 09:26:44 PM »
Who’s Rick?

Mr. "Think Like a Cop"

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2019, 10:07:06 AM »
Who’s Rick?
My best guess would be the poster of the quote is Rick.
BerettaBoy213 just outed msg1956 as Rick.
This is madness! People should not just go around giving out names of posters who choose to use a handle.
Its rude, Its unsafe (what if he was in hiding from an abusive wife or in wetsec or something). OH! the humanity! Whatever happened to opsec! Right out the door.