News: **** YAHOO, MSN and HOTMAIL are still blocking the forum mailbox, so you have to use a different email address, or PM the admin on facebook. ****

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: I jumped on the powder coating bandwagon!  (Read 314 times)

Offline Kpj313

• Forum Contributor
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
I jumped on the powder coating bandwagon!
« on: April 12, 2019, 09:28:42 PM »
All made from 4 different colors.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:30:17 PM by Kpj313 »

sludwinjr

Re: I jumped on the powder coating bandwagon!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 12:55:59 AM »
why?    seriously..  is it cleaner to shoot or ????   

Offline PreBanMan

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 05:48:33 PM »
why?    seriously..  is it cleaner to shoot or ????   

It's to keep from lead poisoning your assailant.   Maybe  it would be for better seal on reloads.

Offline CTSixshot

• Forum Contributor
  • Highly Active Member
  • ...and the truth shall make you free.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 09:23:49 PM »
Coated bullets minimize lead exposure both to the reloader and to the firearm. Although I have no issues with cast bullets, how many on this forum abhor the thought of running non-jacketed bullets in your firearm?
From an equipment standpoint, it eliminates the need for a lubrisizer and simplifies the sizing and lubing process. An old toaster oven and a Lee sizer die is about all you need.
You can dip lube cast bullets with the cookie cutter method, but that gets a bit messy (see picture below).
And how about all the pretty colors? You can color code your assorted loads, if desired.

Offline Kpj313

• Forum Contributor
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 09:47:47 PM »
Coated bullets minimize lead exposure both to the reloader and to the firearm. Although I have no issues with cast bullets, how many on this forum abhor the thought of running non-jacketed bullets in your firearm?
From an equipment standpoint, it eliminates the need for a lubrisizer and simplifies the sizing and lubing process. An old toaster oven and a Lee sizer die is about all you need.
You can dip lube cast bullets with the cookie cutter method, but that gets a bit messy (see picture below).
And how about all the pretty colors? You can color code your assorted loads, if desired.
Yup, no lube gumming up the dies. I think it's just easier and cleaner than using a lube sizer in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal