Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Training Schedule + Q/A  (Read 96 times)

Online Masked

• Board Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
  • Referrals: 0
Training Schedule + Q/A
« on: March 13, 2019, 10:30:39 AM »

Had a few people message me about classes and what I instruct.

The NRA assigns a number to everything and thus, everyone else does: Rifle 1/2/3/4 - Pistol 1/2/3/4

I think that's rather stupid - You may be at level 2 while your buddy is level 3. Thus, I adapt the class for everyone. I've been to way too many classes where the instructor just sticks to his regiment and doesn't adapt it to the class - It's a letdown. Sure you have fun in the class but, you leave feeling that it wasn't worth the $$$$. I want you to leave feeling completely satisfied and hungry for more.

Everything listed I've pushed out to an instructor level.

Classes:

Pistol:
Basic Pistol
Defensive Pistol (Basically Pistol 2/3)
Offensive Pistol (Pistol 4)
Concealed Carry - Drawing and engaging from concealment
Fundamentals of Marksmanship
Skill Workshops
Square Training
Tactical Close Quarters
Active movement training with barriers
Pistol for women
Long range pistol
Tactical movement
Speed shooting
MK25/Mk23/19x

Rifle:
Basic Rifle
Defensive Rifle
Offensive Rifle
Advanced/Enhanced Offensive Rifle/Defensive Rifle
Fundamentals of Marksmanship Bolt
Fundamentals of Marksmanship Carbine
Skill workshops
Tactical close quarters
Active movement training with barriers
Fundamentals of Extreme Long Range Rifle
Speed shooting
Tactical movement
Mid Range rifle
Pistol/Rifle transitions
Active Carbine
MK11/Mk12/Mk18/MK13

Shotgun:
Basic shotgun
Defensive shotgun
Offensive shotgun
Advanced offensive shotgun
Skill Workshops
Speed shooting
Tactical movement
M4/KSG

Armorer classes - I will not make you into an armorer - I will provide you with the knowledge to properly maintain and fix your weapon should the need arise within manufacturer specifications.
Sig P320
Sig Classics
Glock
AR-15
AR-10
Bolt-Rifles

Permit Certificates:
On demand

Unlike some places, you're not going to blow through 300-400 rounds. We're going to dry-fire A LOT until you're familiar with the concept and then we'll push forward with live ammo. You might shoot 100-150 but, I guarantee you, you'll be more comfortable and confident with whatever is going on.

Ammo:

I have ammo available at cost. - Don't have enough? Don't worry, I've got 9mm/45acp/5.56/300blk in bulk.

Structure:

The first class is typically always a skill assessment so that I can get a feel for where you are and then we can go from there.

Depending on the class, I like to go over some literature, a self assessment of your skill level and then we talk about goals.

I really don't want to offer a 2/3/4 until I've assessed the shooter.

If you've seen a youtube video and want to discuss a technique - Some techniques are generally bad but, offer good practical skills/teaching points; some are great - We can go over what works and what doesn't. John Wick for example makes a few choices that are impractical for even himself but, they still offer a solid teachable moment.

Schedule:

There isn't one until it fills - Lots of inquiries. We can always figure something out.

Range:

I have a 50yd rifle range. A tactical IDPA plate course. A speed course and a defensive course.

Class size:

I'll be honest, 2 or more people is always better because I can instruct off of each student in regards to technique, mistakes and skill building.

Credentials:

I've been instructing Mil/Leo Rifle classes for over 10 years. Tactical rifle/carbine/Extreme long range. I've worked as a contractor and with contractors - Because of this I've been allowed to attend Mil schools. I've been an NRA instructor for 3/4 years now. An armorer for 8 years.

I've taken classes with all of the big names, some I liked...Some I didn't. I've been a guest instructor for a few companies out west, wasn't a fan.

My goal at the end of the day is to make you more comfortable, confident and secure when handling your weapon.

Contacting me:

My cell is: 2Zero3 Three13 Eight66Three
My email is: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Website is: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 10:35:19 AM by Masked »