Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Kentucky passes Constitutional Carry signed by Govenor  (Read 632 times)

Online JBear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Kentucky passes Constitutional Carry signed by Govenor
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 07:20:36 PM »
Oh, they are absolutely getting more and more extreme. It makes no difference though, all we have to do is not follow and the polarization intensifies. We can even be sliding left as well, trying to compromise, but if we aren't going left as fast as they are- polarization intensifies. TDS has injected the Overton Window with nitrous, and pretty much the entire MSM is on board beating the nation over the head with it 24/7. The only way to insulate yourself from it is to unplug... which just means you won't see them coming for you when you're the last sane person left.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.

Online M1A_All_Day

• Forum Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 12:34:56 PM »
This is a repeat of the late 1960s.
A president very unpopular with liberals.
Civil rights movement.
Americans, in general, tired of a long war on the other side of the planet.
(OT- but McNamara should still be held accountable for holding-back the THUD pilots for so many years allowing North Vietnam to strengthen and ultimately win.)

The acute issues may be different, but the socio-political dynamics are the same.
And governing agencies greatly enjoy watching the citizens expend all their energy on infighting rather than aiming their disdain at them.

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 01:53:52 PM »
(OT- but McNamara should still be held accountable for holding-back the THUD pilots for so many years allowing North Vietnam to strengthen and ultimately win.)

do you think simply ramping up the bombing campaign earlier would have done it? Always agreed with Hackworth that the only way to "win" in VN was to unify the country under the south government, i.e. invade the north. But that had consequences we didn't want to deal with, so were stuck in 2nd gear the whole time. Commies knew this and just waited us out. Don't mean to relitigate the VNW.

And governing agencies greatly enjoy watching the citizens expend all their energy on infighting rather than aiming their disdain at them.

likely the goal.

Online M1A_All_Day

• Forum Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 07:46:32 PM »
do you think simply ramping up the bombing campaign earlier would have done it? Always agreed with Hackworth that the only way to "win" in VN was to unify the country under the south government, i.e. invade the north. But that had consequences we didn't want to deal with, so were stuck in 2nd gear the whole time. Commies knew this and just waited us out. Don't mean to relitigate the VNW.

likely the goal.

McNamara greatly restricted what type of targets could be bombed in the early half of the war. Picture a micromanaging liberal trying to avoid a full-scale war, but yeah, send in pilots anyways... stupid and every F-105 pilot still with us will tell you the same. He would not allow F-105s to bomb MIGs on the ground in plain-sight- until it was too late.

USAF officers of Vietnam were old enough generally to have fought in WW2 at young ages- these guys and their commanders KNEW how to win in Asia- destroy EVERYTHING and as fast as possible. Johnson and McNamara pussied-footed into Vietnam with restrictions on every type of engagement and let China and Russia reinforce the North while they still could. We could have gotten in-front of that.

So yes, letting all F-105s they were bringing over from western Europe to Korat, Thailand and letting them weapons-free from the beginning would have made reinforcing the North a lot more difficult and maybe would have saved the South.

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 10:22:00 PM »
McNamara greatly restricted what type of targets could be bombed in the early half of the war. Picture a micromanaging liberal trying to avoid a full-scale war, but yeah, send in pilots anyways... stupid and every F-105 pilot still with us will tell you the same. He would not allow F-105s to bomb MIGs on the ground in plain-sight- until it was too late.

USAF officers of Vietnam were old enough generally to have fought in WW2 at young ages- these guys and their commanders KNEW how to win in Asia- destroy EVERYTHING and as fast as possible. Johnson and McNamara pussied-footed into Vietnam with restrictions on every type of engagement and let China and Russia reinforce the North while they still could. We could have gotten in-front of that.

So yes, letting all F-105s they were bringing over from western Europe to Korat, Thailand and letting them weapons-free from the beginning would have made reinforcing the North a lot more difficult and maybe would have saved the South.

japs were in full fighting spirit until zhukov showed up and kicked the IJA out of manchuria. if the AF guys in the 60's thought they won in the air without holding any ground by going full willie pete on the home islands, well, I dunno what to say about their judgement. I am reminded of the Battle of Britain, various bombing campagins in the balkans and the inter-gulf-war raids in iraq by clinton for evidence of success of this method. not accusatory, just throwing something out there.

Online SJK2

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 10:25:17 PM »
How bout that Kentucky passes Constitutional Carry.......

Online imahangtia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 10:37:20 PM »
How bout that Kentucky passes Constitutional Carry.......

When I watch someone hijack a thread it warms the cockles of my heart.   :evil:

Online JBear

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2019, 07:11:40 AM »
This topic is now about turbo diesels! Mine has 583k miles on it, and I'm driving it to my haircut this morning.

Too much too soon?
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2019, 02:10:38 PM »
This topic is now about turbo diesels! Mine has 583k miles on it, and I'm driving it to my haircut this morning.

Too much too soon?

shhhh. stop hijacking the thread. :evil:

Online JBear

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2019, 06:44:41 PM »
Then I came home and washed it for the first time since it plowed the first snowstorm of the season and then promptly got parked!
God damn I love that truck.
I mean, apparently not enough to wash it before putting it away for indefinite amounts of time, but. We're never getting constitutional carry under this form of government, and it has nothing to do with Republicans. So.

Online Bottom Rung

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2019, 10:09:58 PM »
Then I came home and washed it for the first time since it plowed the first snowstorm of the season and then promptly got parked!
God damn I love that truck.
I mean, apparently not enough to wash it before putting it away for indefinite amounts of time, but.

Definitely sounds like you need to wash that thing more often. Vehicles know you you love them when you wash them.