Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Here it comes  (Read 1159 times)

Online edgephoto

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Guns don't kill people. People kill people...
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Here it comes
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 08:09:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm with Stevo on this one, not long before theirs another horrific event. It always seems to coincide

It will happen. Probably with a Thorsden stock or a pistol grip. They are working on Social Media to get the next person to snap

Online BigBob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • I didn't leave Connecticut, Connecticut left me.
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 09:37:27 PM »
OK, NON-CT readers....where ya gonna move to now?
You can never have enough friends, horsepower, or ammunition.

Online JBear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 05:42:32 AM »
Brazil.
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 06:19:59 AM »
Yeah it's uncanny how every time either a pro gun bill is advanced in DC or a anti gun bill is suggested there is a high profile shooting (pushed by the media) or a mass shooting right around the corner. Like fracking clockwork.

Right now the gun grabbers with their media minions are hard at work at the state level rather than in the past at the national level.

Some examples of other states going derpy with proposed gun bans.
Oregon: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Maine: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

WA: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 08:20:09 AM by sbhaven »
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online M1A_All_Day

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 09:15:39 AM »
I'm actually surprised the Feinstein press release is worded so closely to the prior AW bans. Banning by name, etc. The national firearm community has demonstrated an amazing level of creativity and tenacity in work-arounds- especially us here in CT. At some point, it's going to occur to them that a blanket ban on semi-auto centerfire is the only way to really achieve what they want to do. They can try to choke-off individual make/model all they want, but as we known here in CT, "types" and "patterns" of individual models is ambiguous.

Remember, they're thinking about gun control in an 80/20 mentality. They think 80% of people buying guns legally will just be steered by laws and not push back too hard, following the herd. The reality is its more like the inverse- 20% are probably your pedestrian firearm enthusiasts and the majority and highly-engaged. Look at the CT AW registration figures and the recent New Jersey mag ban figures (in which case 0% turned-in anything).

Today, we can see the landscape clearly. States are passing new regs all the time with mostly liberal state legislatures. At a Federal level, yes- the Senate and Congress and majority blue, and Executive GOP. Don't count on any meaningful new Federal legislature as it stands today.

... But the next Presidential election- if the Executive goes blue, that's a shitstorm. Federal buyback program would seem plausible (modeled after Australia). Hey, we managed to do "Cash-For-Clunkers" about 10n years ago, no reason at all a totally-liberal Federal government would not try a Federal buyback.

If it stays GOP, more of the same we have today.

But the most PROMISING and HOPEFUL path is if we get another conservative pro-2a Supreme Court appointment. I could see just about every state firearm ban brought to appeal there and getting overturned. That would be magnanimous and the truth is we're just one Justice away from that. Doesn't matter how blue the Legislative branch gets- the (relatively young) conservative Supreme Court Justices stay.

In all seriousness though, continue  to plan on the worst. We, the CT firearm enthusiast community in Connecticut have been navigating ever-changing laws ever since the Federal 2004 AW sunset. We are very careful in what we own and know the long-term value of what we own. We're used to it.

Always think about hardware as a long-term asset. Get the one's you'd always want and hang onto them. The 2a pressure is going to outlive all of us, make sure your next generation has something to be passed-down from you to them.
"We are not the same. I'm an American, you're a sick ahole."

Online TominCt.

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 09:56:15 AM »
How about all the gun shops that will have 25%-40% less inventory to just make their break even point.

Online M1A_All_Day

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 10:36:00 AM »
How about all the gun shops that will have 25%-40% less inventory to just make their break even point.

Nothing spurs firearm sales like impending firearm legislation, this can be a feast or famine. All dealers and manufacturers know they must adapt quickly to survive. If we saw sweeping bans, most shops that are not capable of moving volume (adapted to whatever compliance looks like) will drop-out. I'm not a dealer, but I think most would agree margins are thin and volume is key.

Above all, virtually nothing will diminish the true allure, pride, and demand for firearm ownership and shooting sports in America. They can pass all the laws they want, that's not going to make most enthusiasts walk away. Look at Australia and UK- citizens are severely restricted on what they can own and under what conditions they can practice, but they do it nonetheless to maximum possible. Different dynamics in America, obviously- its enshrined in our Constitution. ..."the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".
"We are not the same. I'm an American, you're a sick ahole."

Online IH8SPM

• All we have is time.
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 06:33:22 PM »
A shooting has occurred today on que.......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 06:40:06 PM »
A shooting has occurred today on que.......
What shooting?
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online JBear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 06:44:10 PM »
I don't really see that hunting rifle ban in Maine getting very far, but WTFDIK
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.

Online IH8SPM

• All we have is time.
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 06:47:52 PM »

Not as dramatic as written but fear none the less.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk