Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Thinking seriously about saying bye to the NRA  (Read 3525 times)

Online zacker001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • WTF?
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Thinking seriously about saying bye to the NRA
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2019, 12:11:14 PM »
Well, maybe the NRA IS doing a lot more than we all think...i mean, if they werent, why would the dems be always pointing at the NRA for blocking every little "Common sense" gun law that the left proposes? and about the Bump Stock thing... I think perhaps the NRA knew that was a battle not worth fighting. Its not like EVERYONE with a legal AR or that type of fire arm owned or used a Bump Stock or even wanted to... also how many state have the same stupid "AW" bans as we do where i cant even buy or own a non over priced older AW let alone use a bump stock. I dont see the NRA being at fault for the Bump stock ban, not when i think they gave that one up so we could continue in other fights for other as of now,  over regulated items! Besides Id much rather have constitutional carry in all 50 states than some piece of equipment i cant even use... lol
There is no excuse that can be made, That can justify partaking in the needless slaughter of good pets, except complete ignorance!
-Me

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2019, 01:01:22 PM »
lemme deconstruct that for you:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well, maybe the NRA IS doing a lot more than we all think...i mean, if they werent, why would the dems be always pointing at the NRA for blocking every little "Common sense" gun law that the left proposes?

controlled opposition. put the heat on the weakest member of the opposition to make them compromise where others won't and then be able to claim "consensus" so all others are "extremists" nobody needs to listen to. NRA = most gun owners, maybe even "far out" gun owners in the public's imagination. if "most gun owners support X" it can't be too crazy, thus it must be reasonable and anything else (plain reading of 2A/CT article 1.5) is marginal.

and about the Bump Stock thing... I think perhaps the NRA knew that was a battle not worth fighting. Its not like EVERYONE with a legal AR or that type of fire arm owned or used a Bump Stock or even wanted to.

a bump stock ban, depending on how its written, is a back-door semi-auto ban stealthily by regulator fiat rather than open legislation. if you want to be limited someday to only revolvers, bolt, lever and pump action rifles/shotguns someday while the cops and crims get to keep all their glocks, AR's and AKs, by a stroke of Obama 2.0's "pen and phone" without any public notice or chance to lobby congress against it then I guess that's a battle not worth fighting.

this is the same mentality as 1934, 1968, 1984 and 1994.

also how many state have the same stupid "AW" bans as we do where i cant even buy or own a non over priced older AW let alone use a bump stock.

about 1/5 of states have an AWB, so for the other 80%+ of the country living in free states this is gonna be a bummer.

not when i think they gave that one up so we could continue in other fights for other as of now,  over regulated items!

what exactly have we or are we getting for giving up bump stocks? I see nadda.

Besides Id much rather have constitutional carry in all 50 states than some piece of equipment i cant even use... lol

you seem to think that's actually going to happen. preemptive surrender to an opponent who's only goal is to walk you towards total capitulation in hopes of a future improved bargaining position is pixie dust and unicorn fart powered thinking.

Online Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+46)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2019, 01:19:06 PM »
 :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

1--  THE NRA DONT DO SHIT ANYMORE, HAVENT IN A WHILE..........    THEY FAILED US ON SB1160, BUMPSTOCKS.  HATS NOT COUNTING ALL THE OTHER STATES THEY HAVE FAILED ON GUN CONTROL.

2-- WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND THINKS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TRADE 1 RIGHT FOR ANOTHER RIGHT.......   STOP EATING LEAD PAINT CHIPS...NOT HAPPENING........

3--  WHEN YOU COWARDLY GIVE UP RIGHTS, DO YOU THINK THEY WONT COME BACK FOR MORE?????   SERIOUSLY..... ITS LIKE A FAT frack AT A BUFFET, THEY DON'T STOP.....

4-- SO YOU THINK THE BUMPSTOCK BAN IS NOT WORTH FIGHTING???    OKAY.......   THEN IF A GROUP DECIDED YOU NO LONGER HAVE THE RIGHT TO BREED, GET EDUCATION, HAVE SEX, EAT OR BREATH......  YOUR OKAY WITH THAT AS WELL?  BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE SOMEWHERE WOULD BE MORE THAM HAPPY TO GIVE UP 1 OF THOSE THINGS FOR SOMETHING ELSE.   

*******   IF YOU THINK GIVING UP ANY YOUR RIGHTS FROM THE BILL OF RIGHTS IS OKAY, SOMETHING WRONG HERE. OFFERING UP ANY BAN ON ANYTHING IS COWARDLY AND PATHETIC THAT PEOPLE ONLY THINK ABOUT THEMSELVES, AND NOT EVERY OTHER AMERICAN CITIZEN.......

YOU EITHER LIKE YOUR FREEDOM OR YOU HATE FREEDOM, AND I AM fracking AMAZED AT THE PEOPLE ON HERE THAT fracking HATE FREEDOM.....  fracking UN-fracking BELEIVABLE....... 

Offline sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2019, 01:52:17 PM »
Well, maybe the NRA IS doing a lot more than we all think...i mean, if they werent, why would the dems be always pointing at the NRA for blocking every little "Common sense" gun law that the left proposes? and about the Bump Stock thing... I think perhaps the NRA knew that was a battle not worth fighting. Its not like EVERYONE with a legal AR or that type of fire arm owned or used a Bump Stock or even wanted to... also how many state have the same stupid "AW" bans as we do where i cant even buy or own a non over priced older AW let alone use a bump stock. I dont see the NRA being at fault for the Bump stock ban, not when i think they gave that one up so we could continue in other fights for other as of now,  over regulated items! Besides Id much rather have constitutional carry in all 50 states than some piece of equipment i cant even use... lol
I have no doubt the NRA is doing what they do. Part of which is fund raising. They are now a business rather than a pro-rights organization. They have written off (for arguably good/bad reasons) blue states like CT. The NRA would by and large cease to exist if all gun laws were repealed. You can bet (but they'll never admit it) they don't want all gun laws repealed rather they actually want new gun laws enacted since it allows them to keep the business going and money flowing into their bank accounts. They are, again will never admit it, perfectly fine with some gun laws.

The NRA was fine with banning bump stocks and even said so in their You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. They could have kept their mouth shut or could have simply left out the following line; "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations." They didn't.  A major gun rights organization calling for banning devices on guns.

Seven states have state wide full fledged AWB (CT, NJ, CA, NY, MD, MA, Hi). Forty three other states do not have a state wide AWB.

The reason why the NRA is constantly targeted by the MSM, Democrats, and RINO's is not because they are a prominent lobbying organization. In fact they are not the largest (money wise) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. The NRA You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login $4,186,000 in 2018. Compared to Soro's You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login at $20,590,000. The reason why the NRA is targeted is pure  Alinsky tatictics: "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." They demonize the NRA, there by demonizing law abiding gun owners.

Anywhoo the NRA is what it is. They basically have written off CT, NY and other surrounding liberal states and focus their monies and efforts elsewhere. Sometimes for good, sometimes (like bump stocks) for bad.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 01:58:02 PM by sbhaven »
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2019, 04:31:31 PM »
I have no doubt the NRA is doing what they do. Part of which is fund raising. They are now a business rather than a pro-rights organization.

lemme translate that for you (not SB): s.c.a.m.

They have written off (for arguably good/bad reasons) blue states like CT. x

problem is more states are/could be turning blue. OR, WA, CO and FL are basically blue states now, at least as far as gun rights go. MN, GA, VA, and yes even TX (did you see how close Beto got?) aren't that far behind. Once these become gun-hostile gun owners will move to other, nearby states and the process will repeat in about a generation. Then a majority of states will be gun hostile and it will be easy for SCOTUS and all lower courts to find a "national consensus" against us and POOF! 2A gone! Once they own CA, FL and TX its all gone and the NRA will say "oops, sorry! we goof! rmemeber all those semi-autos and handguns you guys used to have? saaaaaaahhhhhweeeey! now give us more money so they don't take your 3-shot bolt rifles and shotguns away (but we'll compromise on two-shot, "may issue" sporting-only licenses and 250-round max ammo buy per year if the anti's put up enough pressure)!"

Offline Supes3

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2019, 04:40:55 PM »
As soon as an AWB passes in FL and in TX, we have passed the tipping point. 

NRA will eventually just be a hunting/conservation group, because they sure as hell won't be able to claim about not giving away 2A.
"It's a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun control laws." - Ronald Reagan

Offline randomsv650

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Highly Active Member
  • DTOM
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2019, 05:54:01 PM »
I stopped renewing years ago. Pretty obvious the way they've been handling things the direction they are going.
The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light. - Rom. 13:12, ESV

Online Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+46)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2019, 06:26:58 PM »
The NRA squanders most of its money.......

founds some specs from 2015:   

--wayne had salary of 5 million, a dozen others were well over a million each not counting bonuses......

-- spent 150 million on politicians either helping or fighting..... ( didnt do much good ) hell john mccain received almost 8 million, rubio a,most 4 million,) waste of $$$$$$

-- 3 million lobbying for gun rights  LOFL.................  $0 SPENT IN CONNECTICUT TO HELP FIGHT POLITICIANS......

-- 101 MILLION ON GUN SAFETY, CLASSES, LAWYERS FEES, PUBLIC INTEREST...LOFL

***THEY DID fracking NOTHING FOR CONNECTICUT IN THE LAST MANY YEARS, EXCEPT THROW US UNDER THE BUS.......  frack THE NRA, frack WAYNE AND COX........AS A MATTER OF FACT, I HOPE WAYNE CHOKES ON COX

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2019, 06:57:28 PM »
As soon as an AWB passes in FL

it's on the ballot for 2020. they got their super-AWB in WA by BI, so they're migrating to the wilderbeast governor/senator skeletor managed to wound.

Online Will1776

• Highly Active Member
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2019, 11:29:01 AM »
I let my NRA membership expire. These guys seem to be the best.

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2019, 10:14:43 AM »
My NRA membership expires at the end of May.  I haven't completely decided to not renew, but I'm gettng close.

Yesterday I received my first "FINAL NOTICE" regarding renewing my membership.  I wonder how many "final" notices I should expect to receive.

NRA e-mails are warning me about all the anti-gun bills in congress, but the NRA is silent about having thrown bump stocks and their owners under the bus.