Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: G&B Firearms owner arrested  (Read 2915 times)

Online Andrew06

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: G&B Firearms owner arrested
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2019, 03:52:00 PM »
Is that a recent change ?  I was able to get a cert for pre ban bushy within the past two years.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The problem with the Bushy is the records. I know where the cutoff is but cant prove it as Bushys records are in a basement in Martinsburg or wherever ATF records go to die these days. Deirdre wont issue a cert because it is impossible to verify. Colts are easy as are some of the other makes. Bushy is just too much of a risk for me but clearly some FFLs are willing to transfer them.

Online Flatulence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Highly Active Member
  • FCFAA
    • FCFAA
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 03:58:33 PM »
Is that a recent change ?  I was able to get a cert for pre ban bushy within the past two years.

Kaminsky decision.
Fairfield County Firearms & Archery LLC 01, 07, 08 FFL
4 New Canaan Ave Norwalk CT 06851
203 354 0616

Online Durham68

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 04:43:48 PM »
Kaminsky decision.

There are plenty of other companies with records sitting in the ATF warehouse including DPMS, Eagle Arms, PWA, Sendra... come to think of it, the only manufacturers that still have records to verify preban status are Olympic and Colt as far as I can tell. Are those the only ones you will transfer?

Online Flatulence

• Highly Active Member
  • FCFAA
    • FCFAA
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2019, 07:29:57 PM »
There are plenty of other companies with records sitting in the ATF warehouse including DPMS, Eagle Arms, PWA, Sendra... come to think of it, the only manufacturers that still have records to verify preban status are Olympic and Colt as far as I can tell. Are those the only ones you will transfer?

He was asking about getting an AW cert.
203 354 0616

Online M1A_All_Day

• Forum Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2019, 08:34:08 AM »
Court appearance was yesterday at Danielson GA, still 17 combined felony charges of illegal transfer/sale and possession. Next appearance date is 10/3/2019.

Online CT_Yankee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2019, 10:20:24 AM »
Wish we had more details. Could this be an opportunity to challenge the legality of these laws?

Online Durham68

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2019, 10:26:53 AM »
He was asking about getting an AW cert.

Fair enough, but earlier in this thread you said you wouldn't transfer preban Bushmasters due to lack of records to confirm legality. I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass here. I am seriously trying to understand how that is different from the other companies I listed (DPMS, Sendra, Eagle Arms, PWA). The transferability of Bushmaster prebans has been getting some comments on CT forums lately, mostly based on disagreements/misunderstanding about the named lists as far as I can tell. Then I read your comment and started to wonder what I am missing. I have a preban bushy and can't think of any reason it is more or less questionable than any other unpapered preban (meaning not a registered AW and/or no born-on-date docs from the maker) aside from Oly or Colt. Not sure what other companies still send letters these days.

For reference:

The problem with the Bushy is the records. I know where the cutoff is but cant prove it as Bushys records are in a basement in Martinsburg or wherever ATF records go to die these days. Deirdre wont issue a cert because it is impossible to verify. Colts are easy as are some of the other makes. Bushy is just too much of a risk for me but clearly some FFLs are willing to transfer them.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 10:29:44 AM by Durham68 »

Online Flatulence

• Highly Active Member
  • FCFAA
    • FCFAA
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2019, 11:25:37 AM »
Fair enough, but earlier in this thread you said you wouldn't transfer preban Bushmasters due to lack of records to confirm legality. I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass here. I am seriously trying to understand how that is different from the other companies I listed (DPMS, Sendra, Eagle Arms, PWA). The transferability of Bushmaster prebans has been getting some comments on CT forums lately, mostly based on disagreements/misunderstanding about the named lists as far as I can tell. Then I read your comment and started to wonder what I am missing. I have a preban bushy and can't think of any reason it is more or less questionable than any other unpapered preban (meaning not a registered AW and/or no born-on-date docs from the maker) aside from Oly or Colt. Not sure what other companies still send letters these days.

For reference:

Some on the list were OOB prior to the 94 ban. My point was what the state will issue a cert for. I know for a fact I can get a cert for PWA, OLY, SENDRA, as the cutoffs are well known to the issuing authority (the state). I have not requested an Eagle, but I know others have got them. From what I am told, DESPP will NOT issue a cert on a Bushmaster. With that said, do you see the legal risk in transferring one? Is that worth the transfer fee? It certainly is not to me.
203 354 0616

Online Durham68

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2019, 11:27:01 AM »
Some on the list were OOB prior to the 94 ban. My point was what the state will issue a cert for. I know for a fact I can get a cert for PWA, OLY, SENDRA, as the cutoffs are well known to the issuing authority (the state). I have not requested an Eagle, but I know others have got them. From what I am told, DESPP will NOT issue a cert on a Bushmaster. With that said, do you see the legal risk in transferring one? Is that worth the transfer fee? It certainly is not to me.

Now I understand. Thank you for clarification. Sorry to belabor the issue.

Online RevlimiterRuss

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2019, 06:44:54 AM »
Go fund me page for him setup by any chance?
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.”
~George Washington