Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: I visited Red Planet Arsenal. It was bad.  (Read 1627 times)

Mak90nCheese, TinmanStrawhat, hunterjay, 78cb550 and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online imahangtia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
  • Referrals: 1
Re: I visited Red Planet Arsenal. It was bad.
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 06:47:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
..... the Freedom Shoppe was in a single car garage on the side of Vic's house!

Was?  Not there anymore?

Offline excel123

• PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 08:26:55 PM »
Vic is still at the freedom shop same hours as always was there Saturday afternoon looking at what he had in the shop.

Online MrNuke

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+43)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Go Big or go Home..
  • Referrals: 2
    • CTGUNTALK.COM Firearms Forum
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 09:29:56 PM »
He is talking about the town. I bet they are stonewalling him on the permit to sell at retail.

Say what you will about the condition of his shop, but they make good stuff. Don't forget they are just starting out and are on a budget. Lots of additional tooling to acquire, benches, workstations, all of which cost money. I have 100% confidence in Mad building stuff, otherwise I would not carry their stuff in my store.

This....
CTGUNTALK.COM CT's Hottest Guns and Firearms, Laws, Range Info, Politics, News and Events Social Site.

Offline Zindo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Highly Active Member
  • De Opresso Libre-- "From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 09:51:27 PM »
Gentlemen,
The problem was the town permit and the reason was the new Chief who was sworn in the week we filed for the town permit. The Chief of Police and the new support crew for him took a month to get themselves up to speed. We have it as of the following Monday of this incident. My apologies for the shape of the shop but we worked 18 hours a day to get ready for that rather small show and we hadn't time to clean up the myriad of boxes. We also had just had deliveries of a few desks and tables that day they showed up. I apologized to the gentleman and returned his deposit promptly. Our site asks that you call first . When I talk to customers i always ask them to call first. If the organization you work for is a bit more organized I salute you. Mine at present isn't but we're working on it !

Zindo !
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 09:53:45 PM by Zindo »
Molon Labe--NOBIS NON EXIERIS ARMA!
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits.\"
Plutarch

Online edgephoto

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Guns don't kill people. People kill people...
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 10:58:18 PM »
I can vouch for the Madsmith. He did some work for me and his mouse suppressor is excellent.

Online LR24

• Standard Member
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 03:11:12 PM »
I also visited the shop and met Madsmith and Zindo, both great guys, I know they are starting a new business and don"t have a great showroom yet but they are busy building a lot of stuff instead of working on renovations, I knew they couldn't do the transfer there but we went down the street and did all the paperwork and went home happy.....I did call ahead and had an appointment, everything went smoothly.

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 05:12:09 PM »
He is talking about the town. I bet they are stonewalling him on the permit to sell at retail.

Even so. Is an "other" a pistol or revolver? If it is not then no permit so sell pistols or revolvers would be needed. However I don't know the town he is in. Maybe the town has some other kind of ordnance that demands some other kind of permit just to do business.

I was at the Wallingford show and I am sure they knew I would have been happy to do his transfers on the spot.

Online Flatulence

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Highly Active Member
  • FCFAA
    • FCFAA
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 05:20:15 PM »
Even so. Is an "other" a pistol or revolver? If it is not then no permit so sell pistols or revolvers would be needed. However I don't know the town he is in. Maybe the town has some other kind of ordnance that demands some other kind of permit just to do business.

I was at the Wallingford show and I am sure they knew I would have been happy to do his transfers on the spot.

Waterbury. Good question, but that is a bear I would not poke.
Fairfield County Firearms & Archery LLC 01, 07, 08 FFL
4 New Canaan Ave Norwalk CT 06851
203 354 0616

Offline Zindo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Highly Active Member
  • De Opresso Libre-- "From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2018, 05:23:48 PM »
The town of Waterbury has an ordinance that forces us to go through another security check even tho we have our FFL. The process to get the permit cost 200 bucks too. We had to get one for the Wallingford show also same price.

Zindo
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:25:48 PM by Zindo »
Molon Labe--NOBIS NON EXIERIS ARMA!
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits.\"
Plutarch

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2018, 05:34:57 PM »
From what Zindo posted it sounds like it was the permit to sell pistols and revolvers they were waiting for. I don't think the state will give authorization numbers to a dealer without one. I am not sure but when  mine comes close to expiring the state lets me know and claims they will shut me off unless they get a current copy. Even if it is not a pistol or revolver. In the current climate I can not say I blame them for holding off on transfers on anything until being fully compliant.

I also agree the customer should have checked before the journey. But Red Planet made a commitment, they set the date and the customer waited a few extra days. Red Planet should have contacted the customer as soon as they knew they would not meet the delivery schedule. That was a small lapse in customer service that can be chalked up to growing pains. As for the shop its self I can't speak as mine is not exactly a palace. I am sure they will get their shot together. With a new gun business money is a big issue sometimes things get prioritized and for me the interior would be low on the list.

Online Blender345

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 06:09:56 PM »
I visited today and while it was hard to find, well worth the effort. Stand up guys who are willing to do what they can for us and well worth our support. I plan to go again and do more business in the future. Thank you red planet and Mr. MadSmith for everything you’ve done for us CT gun owners.