Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Poll Report  (Read 1986 times)

Online Mustang

• Forum Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Poll Report
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2018, 04:28:13 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It ain't gonna happen.  The jackass just conceded on Fox61.  Laughing about sleeping and doing shit with his daughter.

What a lame, anemic candidate.

How the fk would someone concede with such a close count!? And then play it off like it was just for fun!?! 

The federal gov should really look into this Connecticuts gov election results with all the tell tail signs of it being rigged.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:36:00 AM by Mustang »
"Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power, have in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny..." - T.Jefferson

Online Mustang

• Forum Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2018, 04:34:51 AM »
It’s only rigged because your candidate lost. If it were 30k votes in the opposite direction this wouldn’t be a concern to you.

Guess you forgot how mao-lloy "won". Leave it to the lib/prog turning their nose up and not seeing ANY tells of rigged election.
"Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power, have in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny..." - T.Jefferson

Online JBear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2018, 06:09:38 AM »
How the fk would someone concede with such a close count!? And then play it off like it was just for fun!?! 
Because he was never all that interested in winning. It was close enough that if he'd actually put in half the campaign work that Ned did, he probably would have won. The Republicans in this state have had the same problem for decades: no good candidates who give enough shits to go the distance. He's rich, he's happy, and he's never convincingly shown that running for office was done out of anything more than boredom. He may or may not have fought to get where he is in life, but he doesn't need to fight any longer... so he didn't. 
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.

Online JBear

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2018, 06:12:17 AM »
Honestly, I'm more upset at how many other seats were lost. For some reason, our state is even bluer than it was before. It's no bluer because Ned won, that's just more of the same. If we'd gained house seats he'd be neutered, but we didn't. CT doesn't want Liberty, simple as that.
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.

Online Bottom Rung

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2018, 08:03:43 AM »
Honestly, I'm more upset at how many other seats were lost. For some reason, our state is even bluer than it was before. It's no bluer because Ned won, that's just more of the same. If we'd gained house seats he'd be neutered, but we didn't. CT doesn't want Liberty, simple as that.

As stated by JBear, this is the larger problem.  Connecticut would have benefitted greatly from a stronger Republican legislature. 

Offline 19LG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2018, 09:05:21 AM »

That was the biggest surprise for me as well. The senate is 24-12 and the house is a 40 seat difference. The make up is similar to 2010-2012. The head of the GOP Romano needs to be fired ASAP. They didn’t do a good job getting their message out. I really think the GOP could do better in the cities if they actually tried. Trump did it. He asked the folks in the inner cities how have their lives gotten better under democratic rule and what do they have to lose by supporting him. While he didn’t win the cities he did better than other GOP candidates. We don’t need to win the cities but we need to have candidates who are actually willing to work and show up in the cities. I didn’t do the math but I think if Stefanowski could have siphon off a small percentage of the city vote he would have won. First step though is get rid of Romano. Second step start getting involved with the urban areas. Third step is clean house with the joke candidates that they run every year and actually put out a slate of candidates that can connect with the people.

Online JeepinMaxx

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2018, 01:02:04 PM »
Just look at the voting map for Governor

You can see the problem is the entitlement cities

Offline Colatty

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2018, 01:31:41 PM »
That map screams not my governor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online JBear

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2018, 06:50:10 PM »
I really think the GOP could do better in the cities if they actually tried. Trump did it. He asked the folks in the inner cities how have their lives gotten better under democratic rule and what do they have to lose by supporting him.
I don't think so. I vividly remember two years ago when New London thanked their Republican reps who went to war in Hartford for them and saved their constituents insane amounts of money by voting them right the fck out. "Things are better now, we don't need you anymore".

Offline 19LG

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2018, 09:24:40 PM »

I’m surprised to see litchfield county blue. Is that the NYC crowd that lives in Ct but works in Ny?

Online Supes3

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2018, 09:27:31 PM »

Is that Norwalk in that Red?

How does that city do it?
"It's a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun control laws." - Ronald Reagan