Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Carry in state parks  (Read 1048 times)

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Carry in state parks
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 12:33:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Raised Bill No. 5539 -  that did not get passed into law?

AN ACT CONCERNING FIREARMS IN STATE PARKS.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

Section 1. (NEW) (Effective October 1, 2018) The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection shall permit any person who holds a valid permit to carry a pistol or revolver issued pursuant to subsection (b) of section 29-28 of the general statutes or a valid long gun eligibility certificate issued pursuant to section 29-37p of the general statutes to carry a firearm in any state park.
Yeah that one didn't pass. No way the Democrats running the legislature want people carrying in state parks.

It will be a cold day in hell before CT passes another pro gun statute.

Funny thing is you can carry in a national/federal park, but apparently there are no national parks in CT.
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online 19LG

• PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2018, 01:06:37 PM »
Isn’t the portion of the applachian trail that runs through CT federal land?  I’ve never hiked it but I thought it was federal land

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2018, 01:43:59 PM »
Isn’t the portion of the applachian trail that runs through CT federal land?  I’ve never hiked it but I thought it was federal land
Don't know who has ownership of the portion of the trail that runs through CT. Per You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login...

"The Trail is currently protected along more than 99 percent of its course by federal or state ownership of the land or by rights-of-way."

It could be owned by the feds but just not a recognized "national park".

Per the National Parks link (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) there is only one national recognized place in CT, the Weir Farm located at 735 Nod Hill Road in Wilton. In all my years of living in CT I never heard of this place.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 01:44:44 PM by sbhaven »
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Offline tightgroups

• PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 02:51:55 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but being designated an National Historic Site, is not the same as a National Park.