Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Stag Arms AR.  (Read 733 times)

Online Colatty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Stag Arms AR.
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 09:55:08 AM »
Buy stag if you like things out of spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 09:55:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I own a DLD, and have been very impressed.

I own a couple of other PCCs, and they have all had some sort of teething problems.  In one case, I’m still trying to get it to run reliably.  I have owned Troy products, but not their Other.   

IMHO getting an AR style PCC to feed reliably is not easy because of the lack of native feed ramping.

nice,  can you post a few pics if possible.... 

Online Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 10:00:30 AM »
Steevo, do you own any of our products? From what I’ve seen you are pretty knowledgeable and fair commenter on this forum. Certainly not one to troll. That being said there is ZERO comparison between our products and all the other brands making “Other” Firearms. I am not calling them bad, junk, or shit, just simply stating what we do is a world apart from the competition, and yes, at a higher price point. Troy, Stag, Colt, and all other big box companies make decent entry level weapons based on the 1964 MILSTD-DATA package. There’s nothing wrong with them. It’s all dependent on the shooter, and more specifically, the shooter’s budget. Along those lines, we do have our ECON other, which is still superior to the forged others being sold at the same price.

no I dont own 1 of yours, that why i asked LostCanuck if he did as I am always looking for real world info on stuff.....

wasnt knocking yours as I said they seem fine from from what i hear on them.  I despise Troy personally, but bought 1 to see what they were all about when first came out. no issues except shitty gas block really.  I am still a fan of the old style quad rails......

Online Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 10:01:59 AM »
Buy stag if you like things out of spec.

please explain.... yours personally was out of spec?  wow, they used to be good back in the day

Online DLDefense_Official

• Honor & Country
    • Delta Level Defense Homepage
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 10:03:26 AM »
Steevo, all good and thanks for the clarification.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Online Colatty

• PROTECT the 2nd!
Stag Arms AR.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 11:06:45 AM »
please explain.... yours personally was out of spec?  wow, they used to be good back in the day

Yes, and I also know several people that have worked at stag in the past ~10 years and can tell you that not all the employees that work there are very competent. That being said they do have some very good employees as well.

Also I’m not the only one, if you look at there post on Facebook one of the first comments was hope you like out of spec receivers. Just something to keep in mind. While the troys aren’t the greatest thing in the world I believe they are better than the stags but we will see what stag releases.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:12:48 AM by Colatty »

Online Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 11:11:35 AM »
That sucks, I've heard bad stuff since new owners,  but older as well damn. ...  shame....

Online Fyrfytr998

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Be water my friend.
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2018, 03:15:44 PM »
Along those lines, we do have our ECON other, which is still superior to the forged others being sold at the same price.

Having held this and the Troy. There is definitely a visual difference in fit and finish between the two. The DLD’s look purpose built, while the Troys vary dependent on what parts are available at the time.
Semper Fidelis

Online DLDefense_Official

• Honor & Country
    • Delta Level Defense Homepage
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2018, 03:22:10 PM »
Having held this and the Troy. There is definitely a visual difference in fit and finish between the two. The DLD’s look purpose built, while the Troys vary dependent on what parts are available at the time.

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Online Master Shake

• Highly Active Member
  • Str8 thug
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 03:38:54 PM »
The problem with "others" is that they really only exist to meet the demand for ARs in general.

Their value is in relation to the price of pre-bans. When a preban AR was $1600, a $800 Other was a good compromise.
Now that the price of pre-bans has dropped significantly to a comparable level of Others, IMO its better to just get the pre-ban and not be stuck with a certain upper/lower/stock/features. I also heard of some (or all?) others that are illegal to disassemble and the front pins could only be removed by a gunsmith. That sounds like a real pain in the A$$.

Just doesn't make sense to me to go for one now, but thats just my 2 cents.

Online Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 03:51:46 PM »
The problem with "others" is that they really only exist to meet the demand for ARs in general.

Their value is in relation to the price of pre-bans. When a preban AR was $1600, a $800 Other was a good compromise.
Now that the price of pre-bans has dropped significantly to a comparable level of Others, IMO its better to just get the pre-ban and not be stuck with a certain upper/lower/stock/features. I also heard of some (or all?) others that are illegal to disassemble and the front pins could only be removed by a gunsmith. That sounds like a real pain in the A$$.

Just doesn't make sense to me to go for one now, but thats just my 2 cents.

--- my thoughts are if you dont already own an ar15...get a preban , its a real rifle...

-- if you want another, 10 more, other calibers like 9mm, ect...... others are the way to go for the money..........

*** of course if you want to sbr it,  buying a other with decent brace  will save time and the $200 tax stamp......   

**** has anyone bought the stag 308 other?      from the looks and finger fracking it, seems they used same parts on it as they do their regular 16" 308 upper....  not a bad price point to get into the 308 AR platform game.....  couldnt take it apart to really check parts out ( remove upper, rail, bcg ect....)     I dont need 1 as i have an sr25, but damn well was tempting  ;D

I guess Nov 6th will tell wether or not we are fucked over more than if you ate rosie's last donut.........    I can see pricing on prebans and others skyrocketing if lamont wins
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:53:38 PM by Steevo »