Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Liberty Mystic X Experiences?  (Read 422 times)

Online Bottom Rung

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 1
Liberty Mystic X Experiences?
« on: September 10, 2018, 04:14:39 PM »

Howdy all,

Does anybody on the forum have experience with the Liberty Mystic X silencer?

I’m looking to pick up a do all silencer to work with my rifles and pistols. Stainless internals are preferred as I use an ultra sonic cleaner to clean my current can.

Any information would be appreciated.

Online Bottom Rung

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
Re: Liberty Mystic X Experiences?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 02:08:28 PM »
Does anybody have any suggestions for a good carbine/pistol can then?

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 02:32:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does anybody have any suggestions for a good carbine/pistol can then?
The problem with a do it all silencer (or do it all anything) is that they do nothing well. My advice is as always that three cans are the least you should have. Use a rim fire can for rim fire. These cans are inexpensive if you only shoot 22. If you shoot  22, 22mag, 22 hornet, 17 hmr and up to 5.7 there are silencers for this and they add about 100 to the cost. Get a pistol caliber can to shoot all your center fire pistol rounds through it. Weight does matter. The lighter the better because all that weight hanging off the barrel of a pistol with a movable barrel (ie 1911) could be a problem. Then get a 30 caliber can. You can shoot all your rifle caliber center fires through it.  If you shoot magnum rifle calibers you will need one rated for that. Once you have the three basic cans you can start buying dedicated cans for specific guns or integrally suppressed guns. I like  integrally suppressed guns. But they are expensive. It is a lot of money to spend suppressing one gun. For example a Gemtech Mist for the 10/22 costs about 600 for one gun and one caliber. When you can get a silencerco sparrow good up to 5.7 and put it on every rim fire you own for under 550.

If you are shooting only pistol calibers then any good can with interchangeable end caps will work fine. You can get a .45 can and shoot all your pistol calibers through it.

Got more questions? Happy to help I have opinions on most everything!

Online Bottom Rung

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 11:29:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply Joel.

I have the rimfire can covered with the Ruger Silent SR.  It works great and I have no complaints.

I was primarily looking to quiet down my Ruger PC Carbine, but I figured having the ability to run it on a pistol would be great.  That being said, I’ve been hung up on the weight of the do-all cans as they tend to be portly.

I should do some more poking around then and see what turns up.

Online LostCanuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 12:13:15 AM »
I have a Centurion, which is sort of the Liberty’s little brother.  I haven’t tried it with the PC Carbine, but I intend to remedy that this weekend. 

Online Flatulence

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Highly Active Member
  • FCFAA
    • FCFAA
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 12:22:06 AM »

I have the rimfire can covered with the Ruger Silent SR.  It works great and I have no complaints.

I was primarily looking to quiet down my Ruger PC Carbine, but I figured having the ability to run it on a pistol would be great.  That being said, I’ve been hung up on the weight of the do-all cans as they tend to be portly.

Octane or Osprey 45 are pretty solid for the money. That will cover all your pistol needs. If you want to demo one I have them in the range.
Fairfield County Firearms & Archery LLC 01, 07, 08 FFL
4 New Canaan Ave Norwalk CT 06851
203 354 0616

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 01:37:29 AM »
Octane or Osprey 45 are pretty solid for the money. That will cover all your pistol needs. If you want to demo one I have them in the range.

a 9mm can will be slightly smaller/lighter than a .45 if you never intent to shoot bigger than 9.

Online Bottom Rung

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 08:40:44 AM »
Lost Canuck,

Please let us know how the Centurion works on the Ruger Carbine. I’m very interested.

Flatulence,

I’m going to have check out your shop. It’s a bit of a haul, but rainy days happen.

Beretta,

I’m all 9mm at this point for semi-auto pistols, but .45 may get back in to the collection at some point.  Of course, a thinner and lighter 9mm can sounds good too.

All, I’m starting to think that my silencer collection will end up as diverse as my gun collection.

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 09:17:39 AM »

when using a can on a rifle weight does matter. Especially on a rifle that you will shoot off hand. Your Ruger is threaded so bring it when you go to see Flatulence. He might have the appropriate adapter to mount it on your rifle. I bet he also has a 9mm can you can also try. Then when you pick a can buy it from him. Reward the dealer for his full service. Build a relationship and later shop for best price and do transfers again through the dealer who was there for you from the start. I have learned a good dealer is worth the travel.

Offline nutter

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 11:58:05 AM »
when using a can on a rifle weight does matter. Especially on a rifle that you will shoot off hand. Your Ruger is threaded so bring it when you go to see Flatulence. He might have the appropriate adapter to mount it on your rifle. I bet he also has a 9mm can you can also try. Then when you pick a can buy it from him. Reward the dealer for his full service. Build a relationship and later shop for best price and do transfers again through the dealer who was there for you from the start. I have learned a good dealer is worth the travel.

thats what I did.....and now my dealer wants to get out of the business :tat:

Online LostCanuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 01:32:59 PM »
So I shot the Liberty Centurion today, using both the Ruger PC Carbine and also a 9mm Other.  In both cases I was using the Liberty Tri-Lug adaptor screwed onto the can, and then a Liberty Tri-Lug muzzle device Rockset onto the barrel.  In both cases the can attached with no problems, there were no strikes or other problems.  It did get a little toasty, which is why there's an Ov-Glove in my range bag. 

On the Ruger PCC the can definitely shifts the point of balance forward, but it didn't particularly bother me, and the PCC remains a handy little rifle.  I was firing offhand, so it's hard to judge POI shift precisely, but I would say either very little or none.  I shoot left-handed (left-eye dominant), so there was a bit more gas and powder blowing out the ejection port - a little annoying but not terrible like an MP-5 on full-auto with a can.

Overall it does quiet down the gun a lot, especially with 147grain subsonics, but it's hard to really tell on an indoor range with other shooters.  It does make the sound of the action quite noticeable, which is a pretty good indication that it's doing its job.

I would note that the PCC has a very good feed system - just for fun I was shooting all kinds of different 9mm ammo and the PCC ate everything without complaint.  The Other was 100% reliable on ball/FMJ rounds, but occasionally choked on the flat-point 147gr Speers and some cheap hollow-points.  I will do some further testing to see if I can find some HPs that the Other will eat, but it's really not surprising given the feed system on pretty much all the AR-derived uppers.  There just isn't much of a feed ramp.

Lost Canuck,

Please let us know how the Centurion works on the Ruger Carbine. I’m very interested.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:58:48 AM by LostCanuck »