Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Did ebay loosen up on firearms?  (Read 698 times)

Online 2BearArms

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Did ebay loosen up on firearms?
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 05:10:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Looks like it's just the grip frame housing & trigger group.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The “Hi-Standard - Sport King 22LR”frame is the same as a Ruger 22 pistol, that part isn’t the firearm. The part that the barrel is attached to is the receiver/firearm. The Springfield was supposedly cut with a torch and is inoperable and isn’t any longer considered a firearm even though (I think) it is an antique. From the listing “Unit is listed as scrap metal and has been destroyed by the US government to Be non functional.”

The link of yours is just like the one I linked to. I at one time found it funny that the lower on an HK MP5 and the clones aren’t the firearm it has no serial number. It is the upper on them that is the firearm. I din't realize this till I had one. It is the opposite of an AR type of firearm. 

Online obewan

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 06:20:26 PM »
The frame on a High Standard is the serialized part.

The 1903 had the barrel welded to the receiver, the barrel plugged and welded, the striker cut and the bolt face welded.  It did not have a section of the receiver cut out.   Cutting out a section out of the receiver would make it scrap.   This was from a drill rifle but it is still an FFL item because the receiver was not cut.   

from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you have been poking around the web I am sure you have seen ads for drill rifles that are non-guns and require no FFL.
Well for an '03 to be a non-gun it has to have all the modifications as listed above AND the recoil lug must be removed and the receiver cut in two places.
The only reason I can think to cut out the recoil lug is in order to sell the rifle without FFL involvement.
Receivers with the recoil lug removed and cut in two places cannot be safely restored to firing condition.

Additionally, you may have seen ads that proclaim '03 drill rifles as C&R (03 FFL) eligible. This is true, but only for complete rifles. A barreled action or stripped receiver still must go through an 01 FFL.

Offline arsenuts411

• Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2018, 05:00:47 PM »
You have always been able to sell magazines of 10rd or less on there.