Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Political Hijinks  (Read 874 times)

Online Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Political Hijinks
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 06:52:02 PM »
But which candidate can beat any Democrat?

That is the golden fracking question
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online msg1956

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 07:22:37 PM »
What is Boughton going to bring to the economy being an entreched political hack?

Id rather an outsider.

Wouldn't we all?  However, given the political and demographic landscape, we need to focus on battles we can win.

Let's face it:  there are more Blue and blue leaning voters then any other group in CT.  If we want to have ANY voice at the table, we have to focus on what we can do to prevent a Democrat from winning the governors office. 

There has been 40 some odd years of drifting to the Left.  You cannot expect to correct that in one election.  Look at the wholesale insanity that is happening in DC over Trump.

We have a tiny window of opportunity here, given the economy, and Malloys personal unpopularity.  It may take us all holding our collective noses, and voting for a team who can bring a victory, over who we really like. 

At least if a Republican wins, any Republican, the party will at least have a shot at changing some things.  Our other option is to nominate a team that makes us feel great, only to be paving the way for Ned Lamont to win.

Politicians, like diapers, should be changed frequently and for the same reasons.

Online Flatulence

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Highly Active Member
  • FCFAA
    • FCFAA
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 08:38:36 PM »
Wouldn't we all?  However, given the political and demographic landscape, we need to focus on battles we can win.

Let's face it:  there are more Blue and blue leaning voters then any other group in CT.  If we want to have ANY voice at the table, we have to focus on what we can do to prevent a Democrat from winning the governors office. 

There has been 40 some odd years of drifting to the Left.  You cannot expect to correct that in one election.  Look at the wholesale insanity that is happening in DC over Trump.

We have a tiny window of opportunity here, given the economy, and Malloys personal unpopularity.  It may take us all holding our collective noses, and voting for a team who can bring a victory, over who we really like. 

At least if a Republican wins, any Republican, the party will at least have a shot at changing some things.  Our other option is to nominate a team that makes us feel great, only to be paving the way for Ned Lamont to win.

I 100% agree. However I do think Stemmerman has a decent chance to win the election running on an economic platform. The dems always self destruct on that issue. Even the lefty papers dont deny the economy is shit here, people are leaving due to overtaxation, and major companies are calling it quits.
Fairfield County Firearms & Archery LLC 01, 07, 08 FFL
4 New Canaan Ave Norwalk CT 06851
203 354 0616

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 11:05:38 AM »
Here is a link to the NRA page where they list their ratings.
The NRA rates Stefanowski as AQ.  I can't seem to find out what exactly the Q stands for.

Online CT_Yankee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 11:10:53 AM »
Q means qualified I believe. They answered an NRA survey satisfactorily but lack a record of actual gun votes.
Stefanowski seems a little shady with his background being a recent dem. Also some outside pac running commercials for him. I think not good pick for general. I think other AQ endorsements have turned on NRA once they actually got in office.

I'm between herbst and stemmerman but havent decided.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:14:07 AM by CT_Yankee »

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 11:17:57 AM »
Q means qualified I believe. They answered an NRA survey satisfactorily but lack a record of actual gun votes.
Thanks. I was thinking it meant the rating came from a form the filled out filled with questions but with no real history.

I think I will vote for Stefanowski in the primary.

Online Flatulence

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Highly Active Member
  • FCFAA
    • FCFAA
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 11:57:19 AM »
Thanks. I was thinking it meant the rating came from a form the filled out filled with questions but with no real history.

I think I will vote for Stefanowski in the primary.

Curious as to why?
Fairfield County Firearms & Archery LLC 01, 07, 08 FFL
4 New Canaan Ave Norwalk CT 06851
203 354 0616

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 12:36:41 PM »
Curious as to why?
He is an outsider business man. He has never been part of any party. I can easily forgive someone living out of the country for not voting and even for registering with the wrong party once. I know lots of people who were made the mistake of believing in Obama and have seen the light.

I can't vote for a party member. I have said it many times. If you are supported by the party you are already bought and paid for. They would not support you unless they were sure they can control you. In most cases it has been proven true. Career politicians are the reason we are where we are today. Herbst, Boughton and Stemerman all have proven anti gun track records.

In the General election I will vote for the devil I am given to but in the primary I will vote my conscious.

Online Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 12:42:27 PM »
i am torn on stefanowski as well, I know a bunch of people who know him and worked for him at some point.  I was told he hates sb1160, and wants to get rid of it. everything is hearsay as i havent spoken to him myself.  So much b/s in the mudslinging, its hard to figure shit out......

we should have our own poll to see who this forum will have more votes for.....

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 01:04:06 PM »
i am torn on stefanowski as well, I know a bunch of people who know him and worked for him at some point.  I was told he hates sb1160, and wants to get rid of it. everything is hearsay as i havent spoken to him myself.  So much b/s in the mudslinging, its hard to figure shit out......

we should have our own poll to see who this forum will have more votes for.....
Herbst, Boughton and Stemerman all have proven anti gun track records.
Of the people you know who know him and worked for him how many are saying bad things about him?

Online Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 01:08:02 PM »
Herbst, Boughton and Stemerman all have proven anti gun track records.
Of the people you know who know him and worked for him how many are saying bad things about him?

none, they all seem to be caught in his fog......

my google foo is empty today, cant fins shit.  post some links of these guys anti-gun positions of possible....  need a good read...