News: **Please Read**. If you have a new or renewed membership on the site but it has not been added to your account after a day or two, please send the admin (mrnuke) a private message so your account can be corrected manually. There is an ongoing connectivity error with the Paypal subscription system.

Thank you

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Permit Wait Times.  (Read 10510 times)

Offline The Baron

• PROTECT the 2nd!
Re: (Permit) Wait Times in Wethersfield.
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2018, 04:14:53 PM »
There is no specific person just have your students call 860-685-8190. They might get transferred around but eventually someone will help them locate where they are in the process. Also have your students call the FBI to verify when the FBI check was sent back. 304-625-2000 option #3. It is my understanding that non resident permits and eligibility certificates are being turned around in 12 weeks.  The people waiting over 12 weeks is local issuing authority sitting on the results / doing their own investigation.
My prints were sent back to The State on July 10. Which just so happens to be the very same day they arrived.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 04:25:33 PM by The Baron »

Offline 19LG

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2018, 08:52:34 PM »
My prints were sent back to The State on July 10. Which just so happens to be the very same day they arrived.

Yes the FBI background check takes around 1 hour to complete. I’d be curious to hear how much progress the state has made and if they are working on early July checks yet

Offline The Baron

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2018, 09:08:04 PM »
Yes the FBI background check takes around 1 hour to complete. I’d be curious to hear how much progress the state has made and if they are working on early July checks yet
As would I. I would call/inquire if they weren’t but a sneeze away from harpooning *this* guy à la Capt. Ahab vs. Moby d*ck (since as I may have worn out my welcome).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:10:03 PM by The Baron »

Offline JeepinMaxx

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2018, 12:12:21 AM »
If you checked the FBI background check date (usually instant or one day) - here's the process - after you submit your application to your town - they have 5 business days to send your application to the State ( and the FBI background check is instant) .  And your town has 5 business days to accept the background check- AND APPROVE OR DENY YOUR APPLICATION!

per the Ct Statute You should have applied for an appeal a while ago

More importantly - you have to have to appeal within 90 days of the constructive denial or you have to start over with the CT PERMIT PROCESS

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:49:43 AM by JeepinMaxx »

Offline The Baron

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2018, 02:42:11 AM »
If you checked the FBI background check date (usually instant or one day) - here's the process - after you submit your application to your town - they have 5 business days to send your application to the State ( and the FBI background check is instant) .  And your town has 5 business days to accept the background check- AND APPROVE OR DENY YOUR APPLICATION!

per the Ct Statute You should have applied for an appeal a while ago

More importantly - you have to have to appeal within 90 days of the constructive denial or you have to start over with the CT PERMIT PROCESS
I began the appeal process at the 8-week mark (nigh to the day).

Offline 19LG

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2018, 07:42:02 AM »
I began the appeal process at the 8-week mark (nigh to the day).

The State should be working on the late June / early July prints now. I’m basing that off other people I’ve spoken with who applied recently who confirmed an 11-12 week turnaround by the state to return prints and the State telling me back in July that it has been a consistent 12 week backlog. I think there was an increase in the backlog over the summer as they processed prints for teachers and school workers but has since leveled off again as the summer vacation schedule is over and there aren’t many school related fingerprint checks in the backlog. I think once the State works on your prints it is a couple days of work and then they are sent to the issuing authority. Wethersfield’s comments about an October response seem on track given September is over

Offline The Baron

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »
The State should be working on the late June / early July prints now. I’m basing that off other people I’ve spoken with who applied recently who confirmed an 11-12 week turnaround by the state to return prints and the State telling me back in July that it has been a consistent 12 week backlog. I think there was an increase in the backlog over the summer as they processed prints for teachers and school workers but has since leveled off again as the summer vacation schedule is over and there aren’t many school related fingerprint checks in the backlog. I think once the State works on your prints it is a couple days of work and then they are sent to the issuing authority. Wethersfield’s comments about an October response seem on track given September is over
Ooooh I am chomping at the bit with wild anticipation; I tells ya. :cheesy:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 07:40:42 AM by The Baron »

Offline 19LG

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2018, 01:27:31 PM »
Ooooh I am chomping at the bit with wild anticipation; I tells ya. :cheesy:

Now that we are in October hopefully Wethersfield remembers that they told you to expect to hear something back in October!

Offline Rambo10

• Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2018, 08:01:03 PM »
Hi everyone, Got my permit today 10/2. As I stated in my previous post, I applied on 6/1, so almost 18 WEEKS!! I again was told by my officer friend that it is all about the state with budget cuts. They have lost more than half of their people. Time to join a range!!      :bowrofl:

Offline 19LG

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2018, 08:08:50 PM »
Hi everyone, Got my permit today 10/2. As I stated in my previous post, I applied on 6/1, so almost 18 WEEKS!! I again was told by my officer friend that it is all about the state with budget cuts. They have lost more than half of their people. Time to join a range!!      :bowrofl:

Thanks although I think Middletown is one of those towns that tend to take longer than other towns. I’ve heard people have gotten it done in 13 weeks recently. I guess it all depends on making sure the chief is around to sign it.