Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: (Permit) Wait Times in Wethersfield.  (Read 1903 times)

Bob Loewenhagen, fishguts and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online 19LG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: (Permit) Wait Times in Wethersfield.
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2018, 07:15:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They did not.

How did you find out where you are in the queue?  I applied July 8th. Prints were electronically sent that day to FBI who returned the results to SPBI on the same day.  This was confirmed by the FBI. Every time I call the State they don’t provide much help.

Online The Baron

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2018, 10:35:17 PM »
How did you find out where you are in the queue?  I applied July 8th. Prints were electronically sent that day to FBI who returned the results to SPBI on the same day.  This was confirmed by the FBI. Every time I call the State they don’t provide much help.
You’re preaching to the choir, I assure you. :bash:

It was confirmed by SPBI & further verified by the PD.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:36:30 PM by The Baron »

Online 19LG

• Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2018, 11:38:42 PM »
You’re preaching to the choir, I assure you. :bash:

It was confirmed by SPBI & further verified by the PD.

On a positive note when my PD called on my behalf last week the State said they were still in the first week of May so at least it looks like they cleared a month of backlog in a week.  I still don’t know where I am in the queue though. My prints were taken on July 8. Electronically submitted same day to SPBI and the FBI, returned by FBI on the same day. So maybe I am in the July queue?  For the Florida permit they give you a tracking # on the application!

Online The Baron

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2018, 05:23:05 AM »
On a positive note when my PD called on my behalf last week the State said they were still in the first week of May so at least it looks like they cleared a month of backlog in a week.  I still don’t know where I am in the queue though. My prints were taken on July 8. Electronically submitted same day to SPBI and the FBI, returned by FBI on the same day. So maybe I am in the July queue?  For the Florida permit they give you a tracking # on the application!
My prints were submitted on July 10th. Thus, we’re apparently not merely in the same boat, but manning the same oar. :wink:

Online 19LG

• Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2018, 08:05:50 AM »
My prints were submitted on July 10th. Thus, we’re apparently not merely in the same boat, but manning the same oar. :wink:

With the wait being this long I have saved up enough money for the legion series Sig. I guess the one bright spot in this whole process!  You should also confirm that the FBI completed their check and returned it so then you know it is just the state that is left to complete. I’ve heard stories in the past that the State has blamed the FBI. It would suck if you got to October and the State says they are waiting on the FBI. You should at least have that info so you are informed. I would also assume that Wethersfield did their internal review already?  My local PD said my temp would be ready as soon as the state report gets back.  I took that to mean that they completed their internal review already and probably have the FBI results back already. 

Online The Baron

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2018, 09:24:05 PM »

With the wait being this long I have saved up enough money for the legion series Sig. I guess the one bright spot in this whole process!  You should also confirm that the FBI completed their check and returned it so then you know it is just the state that is left to complete. I’ve heard stories in the past that the State has blamed the FBI. It would suck if you got to October and the State says they are waiting on the FBI. You should at least have that info so you are informed. I would also assume that Wethersfield did their internal review already?  My local PD said my temp would be ready as soon as the state report gets back.  I took that to mean that they completed their internal review already and probably have the FBI results back already.
Can I just call the FBI?

Also, “The Internal Review” (née, “Investigation”) doesn’t get the green light until the PD gets the all clear from State/FBI. What they likely meant was:
 1) Said investigation proves oft/inherently timely; &
 2) The Chief is a Gun Rights Proponent with a firm proclivity towards signing off. Needless to say THAT’S A GOOD SIGN!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:25:29 PM by The Baron »

Online 19LG

• Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2018, 10:35:14 PM »
Can I just call the FBI?

Also, “The Internal Review” (née, “Investigation”) doesn’t get the green light until the PD gets the all clear from State/FBI. What they likely meant was:
 1) Said investigation proves oft/inherently timely; &
 2) The Chief is a Gun Rights Proponent with a firm proclivity towards signing off. Needless to say THAT’S A GOOD SIGN!

Yes if you call the FBI CJIS customer service number and give them date of birth and name they will tell you the date the report was returned. They probably already sent it back to Wethersfield so one less step in the process.
The following users thanked this post: The Baron

Online The Baron

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2018, 06:18:04 PM »
Yes if you call the FBI CJIS customer service number and give them date of birth and name they will tell you the date the report was returned. They probably already sent it back to Wethersfield so one less step in the process.
Would you happen to have that number on hand? I have yet to uncover it seeing as my cranium is apparently akin to a cavern.

Online 19LG

• Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2018, 10:23:21 PM »
Would you happen to have that number on hand? I have yet to uncover it seeing as my cranium is apparently akin to a cavern.

I just googled FBI CJIS and stumbled upon the number. It is a West Virginia area code if that helps. When you call it is an automated system but just choose the option for the background check. I guess when you are fingerprinted on the digital scanner those prints are automatically  sent directly to FBI. I think those results are sent directly back to the issuing authority. So there is a chance Wethersfield has had your FBI report for a while and the only missing piece is the state check. I don’t think it would speed it up for you but at least you would know they can’t blame the FBI if you can verify they already returned it.

Online The Baron

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2018, 11:31:43 PM »
I just googled FBI CJIS and stumbled upon the number. It is a West Virginia area code if that helps. When you call it is an automated system but just choose the option for the background check. I guess when you are fingerprinted on the digital scanner those prints are automatically  sent directly to FBI. I think those results are sent directly back to the issuing authority. So there is a chance Wethersfield has had your FBI report for a while and the only missing piece is the state check. I don’t think it would speed it up for you but at least you would know they can’t blame the FBI if you can verify they already returned it.
Google>Bing.

Furthermore, it appears either “The Automated Line” is down/unavailable OR the festering, smoky crater where my temple should be is more spacious than last I checked (i.e. I dialed the wrong extension). :dunno:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 11:33:05 PM by The Baron »

Online The Baron

• PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2018, 03:18:55 PM »
(INTERCHANGABLE) UPDATE: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
SPBI is currently processing CCW apps submitted in June.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 03:20:53 PM by The Baron »