Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Preban SBR  (Read 469 times)

Online joelcramer

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Preban SBR
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 10:11:04 AM »
Remember the State is attempting to follow the letter of the law all of a sudden. So what was ok 6 months ago may not be good today.

It is a brave new world out there.

Online Andrew06

• Trade Count: (1)
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 10:22:10 AM »
I SBRrd a colt sporter lightweight within the last 12 months, i did register it to get form 1 approved.  I remember CT SFLU specifically asking if there was anything else beyond “sporter” on the receiver, i told them lightweight and they said great thanks.  So they did seem to care.

Online Flatulence

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Highly Active Member
  • FCFAA
    • FCFAA
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 11:52:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I SBRrd a colt sporter lightweight within the last 12 months, i did register it to get form 1 approved.  I remember CT SFLU specifically asking if there was anything else beyond “sporter” on the receiver, i told them lightweight and they said great thanks.  So they did seem to care.

This has been my experience as well for myself and customers. Bare "AR-15" and "Sporter" are no go.
Fairfield County Firearms & Archery LLC 01, 07, 08 FFL
4 New Canaan Ave Norwalk CT 06851
203 354 0616

Online 2BearArms

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 10:00:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Remember the State is attempting to follow the letter of the law all of a sudden. So what was ok 6 months ago may not be good today.

It is a brave new world out there.

No disrespect meant but if they followed the "Letter of the law" then there wouldn't be any problems with anything preban. we discussed this a while ago. following is a quote from one of those threads.

>>>>>
Notwithstanding any provision of the general statutes, sections 53-202a to 53-202l, inclusive, as amended by this act, shall not be construed to limit the transfer or require the registration of an assault weapon as defined in subdivision (3) or (4) of subsection (a) of section 53-202a of the general statutes, revision of 1958, revised to January 1, 2013, provided such firearm was legally manufactured prior to September 13, 1994.
I don’t see anywhere in this where it says except if it’s on the list.

So if it said any people that are named John or Bob or Sam are banned except if they were born before September 13, 1994.

That would mean even if your name is John or Sam or Bob as long as you were born before September 13, 1994 you are legal.
<<<<<<<<<<<<
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:01:33 AM by 2BearArms »