Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: BB Gun / Air Rifle Question  (Read 322 times)

Online RRM707

• Trade Count: (2)
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 1
BB Gun / Air Rifle Question
« on: July 11, 2018, 04:54:00 PM »

After reading what I could find, I'm still not sure.  I found info on transporting

them, but not the sale. Can I sell my bb gun rifles to other CT residents?

Online joelcramer

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
  • Referrals: 0
Re: BB Gun / Air Rifle Question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 05:01:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
After reading what I could find, I'm still not sure.  I found info on transporting

them, but not the sale. Can I sell my bb gun rifles to other CT residents?
I think it is a town by town issue. Some town do not allow air rifles. I think Newington is one of them. But on a state level I do not know of anything. They are sold over the counter at Walmart.

Online Blakat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 05:53:22 PM »
Not familiar with all of the laws either but sounds about right. Illegal in Bridgeport. Bass pro isn't even allowed to sell them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »
As indicated above Bass Pro prohibits the sale of them in Bridgeport and further bans sale of them to certain other locations in CT.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login[/url]

Notice-- Air Guns.
This item cannot ship to NJ, RI, DE, Bridgeport CT, Seaside CA, Simi Valley CA Chicago, IL, Richmond VA, Philadelphia PA, Riverside County CA, Stratford CT, Cincinnati OH, Howard County MD, Richmond MI, and NY and/or NY City. We cannot ship this airgun to IL if it is 700fps or more. You must be 18 or over to purchase an air gun, except in Santa Fe NM, where you must be 19 or older. This item is restricted from web sale in North Palm Beach FL. --- Even though you are able to check out with this item, it will be removed from your order if shipping to a restricted location.

Not sure if the idiotic town prohibitions are for retail only or if they ban private sales not at retail. If one is worried about it they could dig through the town ordinances in their (or the buyers) home town and see if there is anything prohibiting a private sale.

In CT BB/Pellet guns are considered dangerous weapons so keep that in mind that there are restrictions on carrying them upon one's person in public. (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 06:58:03 PM »
Typical.  Instead of teaching people the right way and punishing wrong doers, they punish everyone.

Now because pigs dont dispose of plastic straws properly plastic straws are being banned in some places for everyone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline zacker001

• Highly Active Member
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 04:22:09 PM »
so they can sell real guns but not BB guns in Bridgeport? why? what is the reasoning? You might shoot your eye out?
There is no excuse that can be made, That can justify partaking in the needless slaughter of good pets, except complete ignorance!
-Me

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 08:24:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
so they can sell real guns but not BB guns in Bridgeport? why? what is the reasoning? You might shoot your eye out?
My assumption would be due to so many air guns that look like real guns being used in crimes. Libs needed to "do something" so they ban sales of air guns and say they are addressing crimes or "protecting the children" who often are the ones using air guns.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:25:27 PM by sbhaven »
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Offline 19cohiba75

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Don't Tread on Me
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 06:40:59 PM »
Brought my FWB 124D to a guy in mass to get new seals put in and had a conversation about this and he told me there is a federal law that air rifles can't be banned. This day and age though people do what they want anyways  :dunno: