Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Special Licensing and Firearms Unit in Middletown..... he needs to go......  (Read 1073 times)

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
  • Referrals: 2
Personally I think drinking (and drugs) starts out as a conscious choice. For certain people it develops into an addiction (much like smoking, drinking coffee). In the case of booze/drugs the addiction people are using for a variety of reasons including depression and pain. It really does become very difficult to kick, as bad if not worse than smoking. While I haven't read up on addiction (or alcoholism as a disease) much my uninformed guess is that addiction causes a chemical imbalance in the brain and or the body at large. And the longer it goes on the harder that imbalance is to correct.

Some can quit cold turkey. Others cannot and they need professional help. I'd say the SLFU guy needs serious professional help seeing as he got busted twice in as many weeks.
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online edgephoto

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Guns don't kill people. People kill people...
I don't buy it either. I do think people are predisposed to an addictive behavior. I rarely if ever drink because I do not like being out of control and I grew up. I did have my drinking days in High School and college. Then I grew up and became a man. I have people depending on me.

The disease thing was made up to get insurance companies to pay for "treatment". Also so employers could not fire you. They have to let you get your "disease" treated.

This was just the beginning of the liberals attack on free America. Get everyone dependent on the state.

Offline firepolock

• MADNESS'S CO-DRIVER
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (49)
  • Highly Active Member
  • MGs, better than sex with a fat girl on a moped
  • Referrals: 0
Opinions are like you know what, and that's all there is in this thread. People thinking/saying/believing it's a choice with no proof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

stupid people=job security: the opinions i state are mine, and mine only: ctguntalk.com is not liable for anything i might say or put on this forum:nor am i giving legal advice with my opinions:-)

Online nutter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Highly Active Member
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Opinions are like you know what, and that's all there is in this thread. People thinking/saying/believing it's a choice with no proof.

Firepolock- I have missed you since you left arf  :cry:

Offline firepolock

• MADNESS'S CO-DRIVER
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (49)
  • Highly Active Member
  • MGs, better than sex with a fat girl on a moped
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Firepolock- I have missed you since you left arf  :cry:
More of booted than left, lol

stupid people=job security: the opinions i state are mine, and mine only: ctguntalk.com is not liable for anything i might say or put on this forum:nor am i giving legal advice with my opinions:-)

Online nutter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Highly Active Member
I remember the mass bootings- all the fun peoples are gone-

Offline richief

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Dubbed "Fringe O Fringe" by Holier than thou D.M.
    • youtube
I don’t really know if alcoholism is a disease, i do know it is a malady. The only malady that tells you you don’t have a malady, that your fine and fucked up things happen just by coincidence. And even though those same coincidences happen over and over and over when your drunk, it is not your drinking that is a problem.  If the insurance companies needed a disease angle in order to get people into places whe this malady is explained to them while they are not under the influence for a set period of time, i go along with it. I also see the reason to technically call bs on the literal terminology “disease”. That said no one i know went out on a purposefull mission to become an alcoholic “Choice”, i call b.s. on choice too. It is not black and white. When your uncle gives you a glass of whiskey and gingerale at 9 years old in the basement bar and tells you dont tell anyone, and you walk outside and drink it and hear a song in yer head love potion number nine, and wonder why yer folks dont drink this stuff every day, and make up your mind right there n then that you will, and then go make another tall whiskey for yerself and get dead drunk. That’s a predisposition for Alcoholism, call it what you want, a first drink with profound magical revelations, vivid, fifty years later is a clue, non alcoholics don’t have that experience, period. I staunchly hold the Alcoholic 100% responsible for his lot. There is no other way to live with it, unless any and all blame is shouldered by themselves. That takes a revelation some never get, God help them. A very special set of circumstances has to happen, all at once, for them to be enlightened to see things from a sober perspective. Neat trick if your a drunk. Another drunk talking to them when they are on the balls of their ass hurtin, and sitting around listening to 5 of 50 more drunks that dont drink might get the wheels turning, no guarantees. Sometimes takes a few more years of pure fekkin misery and another miracle set of circumstances to happen again before the cotton comes out of the ears, if they are lucky enough. Like I said I place full responsibility on the alcoholic, if they are democrat mentality i dont have a hope in hell for them. Lol. Blame game will not work, I always say, I dont effin care if you were raised in a cave by a pack of wolves thinking that was the way to be, you know there is the difference now and all on you, along with folks to help, but only if you ask. Your call. Humility is a hard pill for an alcoholic. I remember a stage of obstinance where anyone who tried to adress my drinking would be met with “I know fekkin well I am an alcoholic and am perfectly prepared to gonthrough life as an alcoholic!” I can only thank God, so called coincidences I call miracles now, and some other fine drunks that choose not to drink, that i escaped that merry go round. You gotta see today I can choose not to drink, as an unenlightened drunk it is not a choice. A lot of Shit has to happen first. Disease is debatable, i’ll leave that for the lawyers and insurance companies, seems the definition helps people get help, personally i dont preach it. Mallady is more accurate.
“Statesman, my dear Sir, may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is Religion and Morality alone, which can establish the Principles upon which Freedom can securely stand.'
John Adams

Online indawire

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Old enough to have had a draft card.
Yep, until you hit bottom and realize it and determine to do something about it, it you'll never stop. It's all on you.