Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Our Republic is dead.  (Read 458 times)

Online joelcramer

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Our Republic is dead.
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 12:17:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The deep state has not taken out Trump yet.  This is far from over.  I was a teen in the 60's.  The blacks were burning down cities and college campuses were under seige by the left.

It ain't over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
College campuses are no longer under seige by the left. They have been taken over by the left.

Teachers are the biggest part of the problem.

Online Supes3

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 12:31:47 PM »
The Education system and early childhood development (to me) is the biggest issue we have in this country because it is affecting most other issues like 2A.

Agree with your statement that most colleges are already lost.

As happy as I am that there is a republican president, I don't see President Trump as our savior.  I'll be happy to be wrong about this, I really will but I just don't think that's the case.

"It's a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun control laws." - Ronald Reagan

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 12:50:15 PM »
Trump is not a savior.  He never was.  He is a slowing of the commie pendulum, and a beginning of pushing it back. 

Rand Paul is interesting, but I don't think he has the strength to fight the deep state.  So far Trump has impressed me.  It is outrageous to see what the deep state and media is trying to do to his entire family.  They have my respect.

The colleges won't be leftist forever.  People are waking up to what has happened.

I don't understand why people want to go to Hartford tomorrow to wave flags around, make speeches, while simultaneously saying the republic has fallen.  Whatever.

Online nutter

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 01:13:41 PM »
The pendulum eventually swings the opposite way -
With each swing it goes further and further.
Change is constant ........
Every empire eventually fails - you are seeing the decline
Yes I am happy that I am getting older

Online Zindo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (21)
  • Highly Active Member
  • De Opresso Libre-- "From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 01:22:06 PM »
I don't see how it can be salvaged. Short of a global financial meltdown or civil war the pendulum has swung to far. I don’t even know why I care so much. I hope it can hold on for another 20-25 years because that is about when I will be approaching my personal expiration date.

It truly is time to feed the pigs.

Joel, it looked the very same way in the late 60's early 70's ! Everybody thought the Republic was dead. That proved to be overblown and I think that is true today. What you have is way too many 'pundits' predicting the fall of the world but in reality it is pretty stable. Even with all the Russian rhetoric things are pretty stable !

Zinfo
Molon Labe--NOBIS NON EXIERIS ARMA!
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits.\"
Plutarch

Online nutter

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 01:54:57 PM »
Joel, it looked the very same way in the late 60's early 70's ! Everybody thought the Republic was dead. That proved to be overblown and I think that is true today. What you have is way too many 'pundits' predicting the fall of the world but in reality it is pretty stable. Even with all the Russian rhetoric things are pretty stable !

Zinfo

I would say that you have an excellent point

Online undecided

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 07:21:08 PM »
I am not old enough to remember the 60s and 70s but from the 80s onward the republic has taken a huge turn for the worse. The America (and the americans) of that era are vilified by the media. The liberals have gone full communist and many of them openly admit it.

Online edgephoto

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Guns don't kill people. People kill people...
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 07:30:47 PM »
Trump has let us down. He wants to restrict our rights. He just appointed a leftist judge. Feinstein can't stop smiling.....

I had my sights set low with Trump. Figured he would at least fix the courts when he had the chance. Now he is showing that he is just as bad as the Democrats.

The country has been on a downward spiral since the 60s. Since 2008 we are spinning much faster. Much ike a roll of toilet paper that is almost empty.

Two steps forward, one back?? More like One forward, Two back.

Offline BigBob

• Highly Active Member
  • Bring back the Constitution state
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2018, 10:12:16 AM »

Zinfo

The difference these days  than the 60's is everyone is so well connected. Things that happened can easily get blown out of proportion or made to be much bigger than they really are in the grand scheme.  The new technology and communication is a blessing and a curse at the same time. As Churchill said "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has time to get its pants on." is true now more than ever. People already know what they are expected to think about something before they even understand what is really going on.
You can never have enough friends, horsepower, or ammunition.

Online Bottom Rung

• Trade Count: (1)
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2018, 02:43:54 PM »
...... As Churchill said "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has time to get its pants on." is true now more than ever. People already know what they are expected to think about something before they even understand what is really going on.

BigBob,

Spot on!