Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Save the date! April 14 Rally  (Read 4063 times)

Online GoodGuyWithAGun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Better to have and not need than need and not have
  • Referrals: 0
Save the date! April 14 Rally
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2018, 05:34:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have to agree with the I-man. There have been, rallies, protests, and/or demonstrations to complain about everything politicians here have done to us. In CT has there ever been a time where politicians listened to the people?

So to say I have done nothing because I did not go and wave a Molon Labe flag is not entirely accurate.

I have donated money to NRA via life member plus the NRA-ILA via extra donations. I have given the CCDL money, 2A Foundation and even to a gun rights activist lawyer. In addition to money, I have taken people shooting who never touched a gun.

CT politicians, and in general most elected officials, do not represent their constituents. Politicians believe they are a better class of people and their ideas are right regardless of what the majority wants.

Our only hope is the courts and right now it is looking bleak. We need two more Neil Gorsuch type appointees to the Supreme Court if we are going to have any chance of our laws being struck down as unconstitutional.

I ask this. What is CCDL doing for us? Organizing a rally in Hartford is hardly anything in my opinion. Why are we not filing motions and challenging the laws? It seems they are doing to us what the NRA did to us here in CT. Taking our money.

An attorney friend has been filing cases all over the country for various second amendment violations. He is based in MS but has cases going in NY, HI and all over. Why is CCDL not doing this too?

I agree. Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 06:09:41 PM by GoodGuyWithAGun »

Online Will1776

• Highly Active Member
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
Re: Save the date! April 14 Rally
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2018, 07:57:10 PM »
Probably the best way to keep the 2A alive is to take people to the range in a responsible manner who have never shot, don’t own firearms, etc. This allows the 2A and firearms to be normalized and for these people to see a real purpose and be around people who are affected by the way they vote.

Online mike20

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2018, 09:56:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Probably the best way to keep the 2A alive is to take people to the range in a responsible manner who have never shot, don’t own firearms, etc. This allows the 2A and firearms to be normalized and for these people to see a real purpose and be around people who are affected by the way they vote.
Yep !

Online RevlimiterRuss

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2018, 12:13:38 AM »
Facts won’t help us. The other Side is using emotion, and that is exactly what we need to do as well. I can picture a commercial of Rape victims saying “I wish I had a gun”
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.”
~George Washington

Online 1911vm

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2018, 06:11:30 AM »
That sounds  awesome. Except  I doubt that any manufacturer has Ball's to do that.