Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Sam’s Clubs in Manchester, Orange to close  (Read 1591 times)

Online mu2bdriver

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Everyday I wake up this State sucks a little more.
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Sam’s Clubs in Manchester, Orange to close
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 12:04:34 PM »
You must be the one in a million who has had problems with Amazon.

Online Durham68

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Amazon and Amazon Prime is crap!

Once every year or two I sign up for Amazon Prime for a 30 day free trial.  For the past two weeks I have been watching Amazon Prime video, but it is hard finding anything worth watching.  "The Man in the High Tower" is crap!  Any movies worth watching cost extra, so I have stopped looking for movies.

In the past 2 weeks I purchased 4 items.  Every fvcking one of those orders were fvcked up! 

1.  One was the wrong item.  The replacement was shipped late.

2.  Another was broken, so I returned it.

3.  Another $60 item had the label from a $100 item stuck on it to make an unsuspecting buyer think they bought the $100 item.  I took photos, and shipped it back for a refund.

4.  Another item was shipped way late with a stupid excuse rather than an early excuse and offer to refund.

I'm going back to Ebay where ****I**** very rarely ever have any problems.

Fvck Jeff Besos and Amazon!

And get off my lawn, you damn kids!   :soapbox:

Online JP90Talon

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »
Well 25% off everything at the Manchester Sams right now.
Dalai Lama: "But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Online edgephoto

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • Guns don't kill people. People kill people...
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 07:23:53 PM »

Amazon and Amazon Prime is crap!

Once every year or two I sign up for Amazon Prime for a 30 day free trial.  For the past two weeks I have been watching Amazon Prime video, but it is hard finding anything worth watching.  "The Man in the High Tower" is crap!  Any movies worth watching cost extra, so I have stopped looking for movies.

In the past 2 weeks I purchased 4 items.  Every fvcking one of those orders were fvcked up! 

1.  One was the wrong item.  The replacement was shipped late.

2.  Another was broken, so I returned it.

3.  Another $60 item had the label from a $100 item stuck on it to make an unsuspecting buyer think they bought the $100 item.  I took photos, and shipped it back for a refund.

4.  Another item was shipped way late with a stupid excuse rather than an early excuse and offer to refund.

I'm going back to Ebay where ****I**** very rarely ever have any problems.

Fvck Jeff Besos and Amazon!

You must be the one person who thinks Amazon sucks. I have had Prime since they gave me one year free. I have been buying from Amazon since they started in the 90s.

I can count on one hand the number of orders that were messed up over the 20 years. I have had a couple of missed promise times for shipping. I hit the chat and they have added a free month to my Prime or once refunded the extra money I paid for overnight shipping.

I have bought a couple of warehouse items that were not what I expected.
One was an ACOG and the Tritium was really dim. They offered me a 25% credit or full refund. I sent it to Triicon and they made it right under warranty.

Another time my wife bought an enameled pan and the enamel was chipped. To be fair the box looked like the Post Office used it for a wheel chock. Amazon took it back.

Once I bought a warehouse Night Vision and what I bought was a Gen 3 and in the box was a cheap Gen 1 unit. Amazon sent me a new unit and took the wrong one back. No charge, no hassle and they overnighted it.

Interesting how your experience is opposite. Maybe it is your warm and fuzzy personality that makes them want to help you? Or is it the rusted out cars parked next to your trailer with you standing on the porch in sweatpants with an XDS tucked in your waistband that scares them off.

Prime video is pretty good too.

Man in the High castle.
The Grand Tour - dare I say better than Top Gear was
Hand of God
Bosch
Le Mans:racing is Everything

These are all shows I have watched and are terrific. I guess they don't have the A-Team reruns on Prime?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 07:25:02 PM by edgephoto »

Offline toker

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 09:53:42 AM »
Why would I pay for the privilege of shopping in your store? Well it would be to save as much or more than the cost of "membership".
That's the real problem with warehouse type stores. They were great a decade ago when shipping was a factor in price. Now that stores like Amazon have free shipping on everything, why would you want to buy a ridiculous quantity of something when it costs the same to buy a more reasonable quantity from Amazon?
"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson
The following users thanked this post: edgephoto

Online edgephoto

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 11:22:23 AM »
That's the real problem with warehouse type stores. They were great a decade ago when shipping was a factor in price. Now that stores like Amazon have free shipping on everything, why would you want to buy a ridiculous quantity of something when it costs the same to buy a more reasonable quantity from Amazon?

Exactly my point. My wife and I have also belonged to BJs in the past because membership was given to us. We almost never found anything there that was a deal. I think people believe the marketing that the warehouse places give great deals because you buy big quantities.

These stores and others many times have what looks like the same thing but the model number is unique to the store and the materials used are of a lesser quantity to be able to sell them cheaper.

Costco fans always point to the great return policy. "I returned a broken...... 5 years later and got a refund." Well do the math the 5 years of membership fee was more than the item most likely.

These types of stores will be gone within 10 years. Remember video stores? My father paid over $100 in the 80s to "belong" to the store so we could rent movies. I remember him being furious that he renewed and less than a month later they stopped charging a membership fee. Then rentals went to 99 cents and now where are the video stores? Reduced to a vending machine or mail order via Netflix.

Offline zacker001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 09:42:39 AM »
The sams in Orange was a $%^*hole imo.

AHHHHHH!!!!   :eeek: You used a Racist term! Safe space...I need a safe space now! Wheres my Puppy and Hot Cocoa? ANTIFA, Call ANTIFA!  waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  :soapbox:
There is no excuse that can be made, That can justify partaking in the needless slaughter of good pets, except complete ignorance!
-Me

Offline zacker001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • WTF?
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 09:44:39 AM »
I always had a problem with buying things in Bulk when by the time you got halfway through with useing them, they have gone bad! lol...  like, who needs 5 gallons of Mustard or Ketchup?
5 lbs of Cheerios? Puhleese!  lol
There is no excuse that can be made, That can justify partaking in the needless slaughter of good pets, except complete ignorance!
-Me

Online IH8SPM

• All we have is time.
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 10:19:53 AM »
Jobs lost is important to note regardless of like or dislike.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Online indawire

• Forum Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Old enough to have had a draft card.
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 12:01:29 PM »
The wife an I have had very good luck with Amazon purchases. We've bought dozens of items on line there and had no problems.  In fact I've been amazed at how fast some of it has arrived. Yes, it is the evil empire but this economy is a case of adapt or die.

Online edgephoto

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 12:05:03 PM »
Jobs lost is important to note regardless of like or dislike.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

While losing your job is never easy on you mentally, there are plenty of other retail, low skill jobs out there. Everywhere I go I see help wanted signs.

This is the retail business. A company opens a store. if it does not generate the revenue per square foot they are seeking it gets shuttered.

Membership stores will be like the office supply stores. One major player will remain and keep the profitable stores open.

To survive in this world you need a pleasurable online experience and customer service that rivals Amazon and I am told Costco.