Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: FightLite SCR - Quick Review  (Read 3196 times)

Online Supes3

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 0
FightLite SCR - Quick Review
« on: December 22, 2017, 02:42:52 PM »

Ok so I finally pulled the trigger on a Fightlite SCR and bought one recently.  I just took it to the range for a quick trip ... and absolutely loved it.  At 25 yards, iron sights, and shooting from a standing position it gave me a pretty good grouping. I plan on getting some optics soon, still trying to figure out what I want.

It's only 556 so there really isn't much recoil anyways but it felt like a real easy shooter, everything on the gun felt tight.  I ran a couple different magazines with it.  The 5 rounder it came with it,  2 10/20 Magpuls and 2 10/30 USGI mags.  All seemed to work without any issues. 

Figured I'd share my experience and excitement with you all in case one of you is on the fence about one like I was for waaaaay too long!

:tat: :tat: :tat: :tat:

"It's a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun control laws." - Ronald Reagan
The following users thanked this post: undecided

Offline undecided

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
Re: FightLite SCR - Quick Review
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 03:12:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok so I finally pulled the trigger on a Fightlite SCR and bought one recently.  I just took it to the range for a quick trip ... and absolutely loved it.  At 25 yards, iron sights, and shooting from a standing position it gave me a pretty good grouping. I plan on getting some optics soon, still trying to figure out what I want.

It's only 556 so there really isn't much recoil anyways but it felt like a real easy shooter, everything on the gun felt tight.  I ran a couple different magazines with it.  The 5 rounder it came with it,  2 10/20 Magpuls and 2 10/30 USGI mags.  All seemed to work without any issues. 

Figured I'd share my experience and excitement with you all in case one of you is on the fence about one like I was for waaaaay too long!

They had a sale a couple of months ago and I for one too. Took it to the range and at 25 yards it's a tack driver as it should be. I love it, it's absolutely a fantastic rifle. The bad thing is that we don't have any long range ranges down here (Stamford).

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 03:26:02 PM »
......Figured I'd share my experience and excitement with you all in case one of you is on the fence about one like I was for waaaaay too long!

Great!  Happy for you.

They look like a very good option here in this commie state.  I would like to get one eventually.

Online Will1776

• Highly Active Member
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 05:55:02 PM »
Such a cool rifle. I hope they keep it in production for a long time. Been eyeing those new ones on their website with free float rails.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:01:17 PM by Will1776 »

Online Steevo

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (45)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 06:11:40 PM »
not my cup of tea......  however.....

there is 1 on the wall at jojo's if anyone is interested or wants to " all franken" it

Online CTSixshot

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Highly Active Member
  • ...and the truth shall make you free.
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 08:33:05 AM »
Armslist in Brookfield (6.5 Grendel)...

Online Fyrfytr998

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Be water my friend.
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 12:17:32 PM »

Nice to hear, but I’m still salty on FightLite with how they handled the switchover from Ares. Letting the stock deplete, and then jacking up the price on an essentially unchanged weapon. From what I see they still make a person have to buy the BHO and iron sights separately.

Gonna stick with my Mini 14 until I can pick up one of these AR style AOW’s that are all the rage. Thank you ATF arm brace ruling!!

Semper Fidelis

Online Will1776

• Highly Active Member
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 02:22:40 PM »
Nice to hear, but I’m still salty on FightLite with how they handled the switchover from Ares. Letting the stock deplete, and then jacking up the price on an essentially unchanged weapon. From what I see they still make a person have to buy the BHO and iron sights separately.

Gonna stick with my Mini 14 until I can pick up one of these AR style AOW’s that are all the rage. Thank you ATF arm brace ruling!!

The AOW AR's look very cool, the one attached I saw on the gun store llc's Facebook that's all CT legal and looks great. These things actually seem very nice regardless of the state.

I wonder if they're legal in all 50 states. Although it's probably best to keep them on the DL so the Dems don't go after them. 

Online msg1956

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 06:30:02 PM »
The reason the whole "other" thing works is the wording of CT law. Who knows how the laws in other states are written. :dunno:
Politicians, like diapers, should be changed frequently and for the same reasons.

Online Kpj313

• Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 04:56:55 AM »
I just got there lower with the montecarlo stock and came out with this...

Offline Jake

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 10:11:52 AM »
Looks good!  I can't tell in the picture but are the irons canted or is that a see through scope base?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… "  Cesare Beccaria 1764