Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Anyone built a do it your self glock in Ct?  (Read 768 times)

Offline zacker001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • WTF?
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Anyone built a do it your self glock in Ct?
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 09:56:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Let me pose this question to those that have actually gone down this avenue, what does this buy you?  What makes this better than an OEM gun?  What does it improve compared to a factory offering?  At the end of the day, what did it save you cost wise?

the frames I have seen on the 80% lowers look nicer than the stock glock frames. And now it seems that even Glock themselves think so... have you seen the gen 5's yet? They look a lot like the 80% frames on the Lone Wolf web site.
I love my G19 but id like to try one of these 80% frames but only when they are priced at $99.00 or less and they have ironed out all the issues with the rails and such.

There is no excuse that can be made, That can justify partaking in the needless slaughter of good pets, except complete ignorance!
-Me

Online SafeActionJackson

• Mover of threads!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (40)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 11:42:21 AM »
Other than having a non registered fire arm. Let's take this approach. How about a sense of satisfaction that you did some good work on this project and in the end was able to make it work fire and be reliable. I thought it might be fun. I own a glock. So I get the buy a real gun. It's not about saving money. It's more about the journey. Just curious how the state views this through thier windshield.
Thanks for all the feedback. I definitely don't feel strongly enough about it to trip into the danger zone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not sure I'd receive a lot of satisfaction from drilling two or three holes and then adding parts.  Not really sure how the state would view this, sort of an interesting scenario as it relates to the legalities that might apply.  sbhaven what say you?
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting ~Sun Tzu

Online Masked

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 11:43:43 AM »
Let me pose this question to those that have actually gone down this avenue, what does this buy you?  What makes this better than an OEM gun?  What does it improve compared to a factory offering?  At the end of the day, what did it save you cost wise?

I actually have a Timberwolf frame and a Ghost...

I've never been a fan of the stock Glock 19 G3/4 frames...5 I'm actually a fan of...

I get it though...It's something different that offers the same expand-ability as the standard frame, does.

Online JBear

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 05:49:44 PM »
Other than having a non registered fire arm.

You had me at hello.
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.

Offline zacker001

• Highly Active Member
  • WTF?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 09:08:40 AM »
I actually have a Timberwolf frame and a Ghost...

I've never been a fan of the stock Glock 19 G3/4 frames...5 I'm actually a fan of...

I get it though...It's something different that offers the same expand-ability as the standard frame, does.

yeah im liking that Gen 5 frame... lol Its about time Glock up graded their look... i like the non finger grip look and the flared mag well and the other little changes. Id like to try one of the 80% frames, but i will wait to see if they come down more in price, only because i will probably screw it up! lol
There is no excuse that can be made, That can justify partaking in the needless slaughter of good pets, except complete ignorance!
-Me

Online Bmeehan19

• Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 09:11:34 AM »
Not sure I'd receive a lot of satisfaction from drilling two or three holes and then adding parts.  Not really sure how the state would view this, sort of an interesting scenario as it relates to the legalities that might apply.  sbhaven what say you?

Not entirely the same scenario, however, I have 3D printed a 22lr AR15 lower. It can only accept M&P 15-22 magazines so it CT legal. Also is has a pinned stock and no threaded barrel. In CT you are allowed to manufacture a firearm as long as it meets the current laws and restrictions. I have spoken to the CSP about this prior to printing. It is better than a 15-22? Probably not. However some of us like to tinker and to see if we "can" make a working firearm. Saving money is not the driving factor for me.

Online JeepinMaxx

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 11:32:10 AM »
Building a Glock from a so-called 80% isn't about cost...  My Polymer80 kit with jig and tools cost me around $100 on sale.  I recently picked up four factory Glock frames for $50 each + FFL transfer fee & shipping.  I figured I could send a factory frame out to have the finger grooves removed, trigger guard under cut, and have the frame stippled.  Or I can spend a few minutes completing the Polymer80 lower and have the same result and no papers.  I'm an engineer and like to tinker.  In the end, I'll have something a bit different then everyone else.  And it's completely legal in CT as long as I don't add a threaded barrel... 

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 03:39:05 PM »
Building a Glock from a so-called 80% isn't about cost...  My Polymer80 kit with jig and tools cost me around $100 on sale.  I recently picked up four factory Glock frames for $50 each + FFL transfer fee & shipping.  I figured I could send a factory frame out to have the finger grooves removed, trigger guard under cut, and have the frame stippled.  Or I can spend a few minutes completing the Polymer80 lower and have the same result and no papers.  I'm an engineer and like to tinker.  In the end, I'll have something a bit different then everyone else.  And it's completely legal in CT as long as I don't add a threaded barrel... 

That looks like a timberwolf frame. Do you have a good experience with those? Doesn't cause you any problems? I've heard bad stories about some 80% glock frames.

Online JeepinMaxx

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 05:07:10 PM »
Polymer80 has some pretty good reviews.  I haven't milled this one yet

Online JeepinMaxx

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 10:11:57 PM »
AND for those who just want a cheap project with a FFL transferred factory Glock frame - $75 for one and $50 each for four...  These show up every couple of months 

Online CT.Jer

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »
Wish the Gen 4's were priced like that.