Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: My first trap shotgun  (Read 587 times)

Offline richief

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Dubbed "Fringe O Fringe" by Holier than thou D.M.
  • Referrals: 2
    • youtube
Re: My first trap shotgun
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 04:02:08 AM »
Clays, 12ga. As I don't think your entertaining any subguage matches for a while. Trap anything under 12ga. 1-1/8oz load and your basically handicapping yourself.
A ribbed barrel is desirable. what pump are you shooting? Maybe an extra barrel with chokes, full chk for trap and cylinder for slugs. If you get into shooting every week you will prob get a dedicated clays gun. Their are trap specific guns if you are a trap only guy. Nowadays "Sporting" clays guns do all the clay games pretty well and after shooting strictly skeet with a 26" cyl, sk, bored ou for yrs, i went with a b525 and can shoot trap, skeet and sporting clays with it. Most mfg's have a "sporting" model now, even the rem 1100 sporting is a decent all around gun and if recoil is an issue the auto will absorb slightly more than a ou or pump. Then comes reloading and unless you want to resize brass regularly an ou is the way to go. If you just shoot trap a few times a year, get a ribbed and interchangeable choke, extra barrel for your only shotgun.
“Statesman, my dear Sir, may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is Religion and Morality alone, which can establish the Principles upon which Freedom can securely stand.'
John Adams

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 03:50:05 PM »
Would like to thank M1A_All_Day for turning me on to an enjoyable afternoon today in Glastonbury.  :smiley:

Online M1A_All_Day

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 11:33:25 PM »
Oh nice, you came for trap shoot today? It was the first shoot of the season. I was there yesterday morning- the normal range is off to the right, obviously.

If you like the place and would like to join, I can meet you there another Sunday. You can look up the application process on the web site- requires several sponsors, trap shoot sundays are a great place to meet people.
"We are not the same. I'm an American, you're a sick ahole."