Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Sig P320 drop firings  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Steevo

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Sig P320 drop firings
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 11:56:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline triton186

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2017, 01:10:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
:rolleyes:

Holy balls batman.

They fixed this issue so long ago, it's stupid.

The weight of the trigger created further momentum and VERY RARELY would the stars align and the firearm would fire. I'm talking 1/20. DO NOT TRY IT.

Am I saying this is a good thing? No - At my Armorer's course last year we had a LONG ASS discussion about it and Sig was already working on a solution - In case you didn't know, the Apex flat trigger prevents this issue completely...So, quite frankly, since over 30%ish of us use it, your sample size just dropped even harder.

That being said, the new sear and parts are worth shipping your gun in alone.

I carry a custom 43 and my 320 carry...I will continue to carry my custom 43 and my 320 carry.

1 in 20?  one of the videos in another thread fired 2 out of 3 drops.  even 1 out of 20 is completely unacceptable!

Online JBear

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 05:58:00 AM »
One out of any number of drops is unacceptable in a modern firearm, unless it's due to a worsening condition brought on by repeated abuse in order to cause it. There should be a 0% chance that a gun will fire if you drop it one time. .
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.

Online Masked

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2017, 09:26:04 AM »
Been an armorer for most major manufacturers for more than a couple of years...Glocks aren't perfect. Sigs aren't perfect. HK's aren't perfect - No firearm is perfect.

The reality is that 1/20, is what it is.

I've personally had post-recall XDS click while training when I bumped into a wall...Felt the firearm *CLICK* while maneuvering and thankfully, didn't have a round chambered since we were training in just that. Again, no firearm is perfect.

I don't love Sig, I don't love Glock - If it works, it works. My EDC 90% of the time is a custom Glock 43. The other 10% is my custom Sig P320.

The Sig P320 only fires when dropped if it's dropped at a very specific angle. If it's simply dropped from the holster, that angle is typically not achievable. Again 1/20...

0% is unattainable.

I could go through an entire litany of detail how a brand new Glock could fail - Have had it happen. A brand new Sig could fail. A brand new USP. Every firearm CAN fail, it's the repeat-ability that's an issue. Abuse is not necessary to cause a malfunction. Is it a cause? Absolutely but, a requirement? No.

If I run my Jeep straight on into a pole knowing it's going to total my car and repeat it 50x, it's still going to total my car. If I do it at the same angle and speed every single time, obviously I'm controlling the experiment and we can rest assured that, almost every single time it's going to total my car. The reality is that the human element of this entire situation matters and no loaded P320 is going to drop at that precise angle even 1/20 times much less, throughout an entire experiment...

Churchill said it best - A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has a chance to get it's pants on. - Same is true of controlled experiments in controlled environments.

Online imahangtia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2017, 10:14:31 AM »
WHOA!  For those, like me, unfamiliar with the P320 look at the firing pin mechanism photos in the comments section. 

Online JBear

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2017, 09:13:45 PM »
From what I gather from the comments, it isn't a firing pin issue, it's the trigger issue we've all been talking about.
But it will be like teaching a pig to sing, a waste of your time, and you'll only succeed in anoying the pig.

Online JBear

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2017, 09:14:45 PM »
Oh wait, that isn't what you said. NVM.

Offline Steevo

• Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2017, 01:44:34 PM »
L O  FRACKING L

Online Mustang

• Forum Contributor
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2017, 06:09:07 PM »
"Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power, have in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny..." - T.Jefferson

Online Mustang

• Forum Contributor
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2017, 06:09:47 PM »
"Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power, have in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny..." - T.Jefferson

Online JBear

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2017, 06:11:19 AM »
Hahaha