Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Everytown Takes Victory Lap as Paul Ryan Lets National Reciprocity Stall  (Read 979 times)

Online toker

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 0
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Better than having the Dems in control....
It's just postponing the inevitable. If they don't advance any of our 2A rights now and if the Democrats do take back either the House or Senate, you can be sure they'll do something. Not to mention that if our next POTUS is a Democrat, they have a chance to stack SCOTUS also. So if Trump doesn't get to nominate another 1 or 2, then game over.
"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson

Online Bob Loewenhagen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
I agree. Although we forestalled a full frontal assault on our 2nd Amendment with the election, we absolutely need to make some progress with respect to reciprocity or get some Supreme Court rulings blocking state's bans on ARs and/or a ruling expanding Heller ie. the Peruta case.

Online K. Soze

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
Im NOT saying this is the case... but if I were playing chess I wouldnt be making any bold moves until both kennedy and ginsberg were out.

Also, there are more Rhinos in the senate than there are pro 2A democrats. This midterm election there are 8 (or 9?) seats that the GOP has to defend versus  23 democrat seats (the reverse was in 2016 which had many of us scared). Many of them democrats in states that went red for Trump.

I might wait until after the midterm to steamroll the democrats also (though I wont say this is whats actually happening, just that I would make the same play). It would be the perfect timing, assuming we gain some more senate republicans, and we get rid of swing vote kennedy and ginsberg.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:53:33 PM by K. Soze »

Online toker

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Highly Active Member
I might wait until after the midterm to steamroll the democrats also (though I wont say this is whats actually happening, just that I would make the same play). It would be the perfect timing, assuming we gain some more senate republicans, and we get rid of swing vote kennedy and ginsberg.
The Democrats can also steamroll the Republicans in the mid-terms. It's not like the pendulum doesn't go both ways. It wasn't too long ago that Obama and the Democrats had control of the House and Senate. Then the mid-terms changed that.
"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson

Online Supes3

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
Paul Ryan is worthless

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:06:50 PM by Supes3 »

Online Supes3

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!

Online CT.Jer

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
Im NOT saying this is the case... but if I were playing chess I wouldnt be making any bold moves until both kennedy and ginsberg were out.

Also, there are more Rhinos in the senate than there are pro 2A democrats. This midterm election there are 8 (or 9?) seats that the GOP has to defend versus  23 democrat seats (the reverse was in 2016 which had many of us scared). Many of them democrats in states that went red for Trump.

23 of the 33 senate seats up are held by Dems.   5 of those seats are in States that Trump won by 20% or more.    Just about all the political analysts say that the Dems have no real chance of taking the Senate.   (take that for whatever it's worth......most also said Hillary would win)

Opposition seats are a very tough out.   Since 1982, only 4% have lost.   (4 out of 114)    Pretty much what we saw in 2010.
The Dems do have a decent shot at getting the House.

Online Supes3

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
Everytown Takes Victory Lap as Paul Ryan Lets National Reciprocity Stall
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 10:12:11 PM »
Ryan stating his support but not doing .... anything ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 10:13:30 PM by Supes3 »

Offline Steevo

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 2
ryan was a cuke beofre trump won the election....... He muther fracked Trump every step of the way and hasn't slowed down.......  Ryan should have been fired day fracking 1.

I would " chuckle" if he got thrown off the statue of liberty from being drunk on schmegma.....
what a bunch of whiners