Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: '66 mustang convertible  (Read 1248 times)

Online Joe T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • citizen turned felon on 1/1/14
  • Referrals: 0
'66 mustang convertible
« on: July 09, 2017, 08:08:07 PM »

I bought this car for my wife a few years ago for her birthday. I don't think she's driven it 10 times in the 5 years we've had it. So I'm thinking it's time to sell.... or trade. She said yesterday that she'd like a Jeep Unlimited, if you have one, maybe we can trade????
Details on the car....

It's a 3 owner car from Colorado. No rust, unlike the east coast cars . Low miles at just 93,000 (that's less than 2000 miles a year).

When I bought it, I added things to make it more driver friendly. It now has power 4 wheel discs and power steering.

Speaking of the previous owner, he owned the car from 1975-2012. In 1978 his wife got in a small accident, nothing serious but he replaced the driver's rear fender. All other metal is original. He's a professional body guy (I can give you his info if you wanted to talk to him about the car as well...it's a car that specializes in restoration of classics in Colorado)

When he was repairing the fender, he decided to "build" the car how he would have ordered it from ford in '66. The car was originally a Springtime Yellow car, "C-code", black interior, made on April 14th 1966, auto , 289 2V car

The car is now a triple black car with a 4 speed (correct date) PS/PB with GT trim and A code specs. It has not been driven in snow for sure since '75 and I'm told the roof hadn't been up twice from 75-12 and we've only had it up a couple times ourself.. That said, the roof looks great, with no tears or wear marks . The power roof didn't work when we bought it and we put 2 new pistons and rebuilt the roof motor. Works perfect now.

In addition to the PS/PB and top rebuild mentioned above, since we've owned it I redid the interior, new dash pad, seats, door trim and carpet. And last year it got new front shocks, the trans was rebuilt and clutch replaced

now all that said, the car is 51 years old, and has a couple things worth mentioning. The paint is in great shape overall, but would benefit from a good detailing, and the lights on the dash stopped working sometime this summer, haven't looked into why, because it's only been driven a few times all year. And my least favorite thing on the car is that the radio dash was cut sometime in the 80's to fit the car with a crappy cassette player. I have a new dash piece that could be welded in and a brand new in the box custom autosound stereo that looks like vintage OEM but has modern hook ups for your iphone/ipod/MP3.

Any questions please ask. I'm not dying to sell the car, it's not a fire sale. I would however like someone that will enjoy it to have a good running classic pony car.

Some of the pictures may still show the car with Colorado plates, we are now in Cheshire CT and the car is available to see and drive (for serious buyers with cash) locally.

For those of you new to old cars. Insurance is SUPER CHEAP for these cars. I currently have it insured with full coverage insurance for $35k agreed upon value (you can buy it for less) for less that $200 a year

* cobra in the last picture is for sale too

Hagerty figures the car in good condition #3 condition is about $31,000 (as a C-code) and $36400 as a GT (as mentioned above, this car is not a real GT)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'm asking a reasonable $25,000 for a car that's realistically between #3 and #2 condition (a strong #3, driver quality)

Online Joe T

Re: '66 mustang convertible
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 07:18:04 AM »
no interest?

Online Joe T

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 07:03:46 PM »
back up for sale.  Listed on craigslist at a reduced price of $22,500

Had 2 buyers ... one couldn't get financing the second didn't get his wife's approval    :wall:

Online imahangtia

• Highly Active Member
  • NEVER FORGIVE SB-1160
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 07:07:35 PM »
Gun purchases are easier to hide from a wife than a car  :evil:

Offline IamJohninCT

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 07:43:41 PM »
it's easier to get forgiveness than permission

good luck with the sale.

Offline oldcarsarecool

• Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 04:53:22 PM »
Did this sell?

Offline ArtherRay

• Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 11:59:31 AM »
That's a sweet car.  Not sure why its up here tho. 

Online Joe T

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 06:46:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did this sell?

yes, it is sold.  It Now lives in Florida