Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Iowa Man May Face Charges After Shooting Scarf-Welding Burglar  (Read 373 times)

Online MadSmith

• Supporting Vendor
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition!
  • Referrals: 3
    • The Freedom Shoppe (FB)

Iowa Man May Face Charges After Shooting Scarf-Welding Burglar

Shortly after 11:45 p.m., a woman wearing a headlamp and a scarf walked into the residence. She saw Cirligel with his firearm and made it known that her boyfriend was outside with a firearm.
Cirligel told the woman repeatedly that he didn’t want to shoot. He grabbed the woman by the arm to force her out of the house. That’s when she resisted and the fight moved outside.
As the homeowner yelled for neighbors to call the police, the woman took her scarf and began to strangle Cirligel, forcing him to fire his weapon.
“I was sure, I’m going to die, when she choked me that hard,” he told The Des Moines Register. 
To keep from killing the woman, Cirligel aimed his gun at her lower torso. Once the woman was hit with the round, she fell to the ground, asking him why he shot her.
“Why did you shoot me? It is against the law for you to shoot me,” the woman said, according to police reports of the incident.
The woman ran to a car and called the cops a few blocks away, saying she had been shot. Investigators later learned the shooting took place at Cirligel’s residence.

More:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The Freedom Shoppe
07 FFL, Firearms & NFA Sales, Mfg, Xfers, Layaways, Exchanges, Consignments, Gunsmithing, Customization, Prototyping
25 Old State Road, New Milford, CT (860)350-3502

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Iowa Man May Face Charges After Shooting Scarf-Welding Burglar
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:45:24 AM »
More from the article:

According to Des Moines police spokesman Sgt. Paul Parizek, both Cirligel and the woman could face criminal charges, depending on what the investigation uncovers. If Cirligel’s story about the woman choking him checks out, he would be exonerated of all charges. He would have been well within his right to defend himself.

“The preliminary investigation indicates she had an unlawful right to be on that property,” Parizek said. “He has a right to interfere with a felony.”

Under Iowa law, a person has the right to defend themselves if they believe they are in danger. The only time deadly force cannot be used is to protect possessions.
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Offline docsquid39

• Trade Count: (32)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 05:58:17 PM »
Seems like a righteous shoot.  The victim is also an elderly man.
semper gumby - always flexible.

Online krisp

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 09:41:23 PM »
welding a scarf sounds like a recipe for burnt yarn.