Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Found it  (Read 285 times)

Online Mustang

• Forum Contributor
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 0
Found it
« on: March 18, 2017, 08:43:12 AM »

Finally found it which no one was able to help with. The palm swell grip, its still a grip to hold the rifle. They say "Any grip" in the laws and the laws do not exclude the palm swell, though seems Connecticut is saying its not in these questions asked.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

11. Q: I have a rifle which is a semi-automatic center fire and has a curved portion of the stock directly behind the trigger guard which extends very slightly below it. It has none of the other banned features. Is this stock considered a pistol grip which would require me to register it as an assault weapon?

A: No. The type of stock you are describing is considered a “palm swell” and not a pistol grip. However, if the stock has a thumb hole, it qualifies as an assault weapon and must be registered by January 1, 2014.

"Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power, have in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny..." - T.Jefferson

Online firepolock

• MADNESS'S CO-DRIVER
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (48)
  • Highly Active Member
  • MGs, better than sex with a fat girl on a moped
Re: Found it
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 09:15:15 AM »

Finally found it which no one was able to help with. The palm swell grip, its still a grip to hold the rifle. They say "Any grip" in the laws and the laws do not exclude the palm swell, though seems Connecticut is saying its not in these questions asked.

11. Q: I have a rifle which is a semi-automatic center fire and has a curved portion of the stock directly behind the trigger guard which extends very slightly below it. It has none of the other banned features. Is this stock considered a pistol grip which would require me to register it as an assault weapon?

A: No. The type of stock you are describing is considered a “palm swell” and not a pistol grip. However, if the stock has a thumb hole, it qualifies as an assault weapon and must be registered by January 1, 2014.

So if someone could make an AR that's  not a copy or type, use Stags new stock. Maybe legal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

stupid people=job security: the opinions i state are mine, and mine only: ctguntalk.com is not liable for anything i might say or put on this forum:nor am i giving legal advice with my opinions:-)

Online joelcramer

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 09:44:04 AM »

So if someone could make an AR that's  not a copy or type, use Stags new stock. Maybe legal

how do you make an AR that is not a copy or type and have it still be an AR?

Online firepolock

• MADNESS'S CO-DRIVER
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (48)
  • Highly Active Member
  • MGs, better than sex with a fat girl on a moped
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 09:52:28 AM »
how do you make an AR that is not a copy or type and have it still be an AR?
Change trigger setup, I dunno. There has to be something you can change so it's not an AR copy

stupid people=job security: the opinions i state are mine, and mine only: ctguntalk.com is not liable for anything i might say or put on this forum:nor am i giving legal advice with my opinions:-)

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 10:55:22 AM »

If one reads the various discussions (or searched for "curved portion") on the Ares SCR (and at least one other thread) they'd see that the issue of the "palm swell" and link to the SLFU FAQ's question 11 has been posted and discussed in the past...  :wink:

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 10:56:34 AM by sbhaven »
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online Mustang

• Forum Contributor
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 12:14:41 PM »
Yep, it has been. I'm the one who always questions. Not meaning to start arguments, just shooting off questions and trying to understand these, hopefully to be removed, illegal and in Constitutional laws.
"Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power, have in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny..." - T.Jefferson