Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: FM19 Non-NFA AR9 'Other' :D  (Read 1918 times)

Online MadSmith

• Board Moderator
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition!
  • Referrals: 3
    • The Freedom Shoppe (FB)
FM19 Non-NFA AR9 'Other' :D
« on: February 16, 2017, 11:32:58 AM »

CT Legal AR9 Non-NFA! ;D
FM19: Semi-automatic magazine fed 9mm
Takes Glock 17 and 19 mags
Shown with optional integral suppression
$1.1k, no tax stamp needed
$100 deposit, 2-week lead time, pick up on your pistol permit
For integral suppression add $700
Optional accessories: Light, laser, optics, sling mounts, sling, spare mag holder, etc.

For CT legality, it uses a modified FCG and upper, which is pinned to the lower. It can take down and pivot, but requires tools for removal. This allows it to bypass the 'readily modifiable' bit and the FCG and bolt bypasses the 'copy and duplicates' clause. It also bypasses AOW by exceeding the 26in length limit. Not a pistol, not a rifle, not an AOW. It is an 'uncategorized' firearm. 
 :evil:

The Freedom Shoppe
07 FFL, Firearms & NFA Sales, Mfg, Xfers, Layaways, Exchanges, Consignments, Gunsmithing, Customization, Prototyping
25 Old State Road, New Milford, CT (860)350-3502

Online Sixshot6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: FM19 Non-NFA AR9 'Other' :D
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 01:52:57 PM »
Apart from increased velocity, what advantage is this over a normal pistol and since you'd done this to make it non-NFA, will the FM16 have similar alterations to bring it more into line? I'm guessing 7.62x39 and 308 versions that are non-NFA are on the cards now?

Online MadSmith

• Board Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 12:25:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Apart from increased velocity, what advantage is this over a normal pistol

Greater stability, longer sight radius, ability to have a threaded barrel to mount muzzle devices like suppressors, allows use of large submachinegun suppressor inside handguard without making it awkward, and would make it nearly 'Hollywood' quiet, unlike a 9mm pistol, lower recoil due to mass, can use a bipod for consistent hits at longer range, and a big middle finger to the leftist gun grabbers.  ;D

and since you'd done this to make it non-NFA, will the FM16 have similar alterations to bring it more into line? I'm guessing 7.62x39 and 308 versions that are non-NFA are on the cards now?

Already been done.  FM16 non-NFA in .223/5.56, 300AAC, 7.62x39
The Freedom Shoppe
07 FFL, Firearms & NFA Sales, Mfg, Xfers, Layaways, Exchanges, Consignments, Gunsmithing, Customization, Prototyping

Online Sixshot6

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 03:45:27 AM »
Greater stability, longer sight radius, ability to have a threaded barrel to mount muzzle devices like suppressors, allows use of large submachinegun suppressor inside handguard without making it awkward, and would make it nearly 'Hollywood' quiet, unlike a 9mm pistol, lower recoil due to mass, can use a bipod for consistent hits at longer range, and a big middle finger to the leftist gun grabbers.  ;D

Already been done.  FM16 non-NFA in .223/5.56, 300AAC, 7.62x39

What do you do with the FM16, when you get a customer who's left-handed comes? Do you put a brass deflector on or sort out a left ejecting upper? Also good points, an integrated barrel sounds possible there too. I've found 50 yards is great with a 9mm 12.5 inch barrel (friend had the uk legal southern gun co 9mm lever release) but 100 yards wasn't so good. Came to the conclusion the 16 inch barrel option along with with it being chambered in 357 sig might have been better. On the good news side, I might be making a visit to Kentucky soon Madsmith.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 03:47:53 AM by Sixshot6 »

Offline 19cohiba75

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Don't Tread on Me
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 11:05:53 AM »
If I had the money for ammo the only pistol caliber I would be going for is 10MM to go with the G20  :banana: But then again I do have some happy sticks and a 50 rd drum magazine all in 9mm that we're going to go to one of those Keltec folding carbines but they were unobtainable around the time of the law being signed  :crackit:

Online MadSmith

• Board Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 11:09:28 AM »
What do you do with the FM16, when you get a customer who's left-handed comes? Do you put a brass deflector on or sort out a left ejecting upper? Also good points, an integrated barrel sounds possible there too. I've found 50 yards is great with a 9mm 12.5 inch barrel (friend had the uk legal southern gun co 9mm lever release) but 100 yards wasn't so good. Came to the conclusion the 16 inch barrel option along with with it being chambered in 357 sig might have been better. On the good news side, I might be making a visit to Kentucky soon Madsmith.

LOOOVE Kentucky!  My sister's a pediatrician there.  Drive down to visit during the holidays every year.  One time, wound up stuck at the side of the freeway in the middle of the night.  Along comes a pickup truck with a couple of 'good old boys' and pulls in behind.  Now, if you believe in the media and Hollywood stereotype, they'll beat up this non-white interloper, and steal his stuff.  Nope.  They hopped out, asked if I needed help, and proceeded to help push the idiot foreigner out of a jam.  ;D
The Freedom Shoppe

Online Sixshot6

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 11:21:14 AM »
LOOOVE Kentucky!  My sister's a pediatrician there.  Drive down to visit during the holidays every year.  One time, wound up stuck at the side of the freeway in the middle of the night.  Along comes a pickup truck with a couple of 'good old boys' and pulls in behind.  Now, if you believe in the media and Hollywood stereotype, they'll beat up this non-white interloper, and steal his stuff.  Nope.  They hopped out, asked if I needed help, and proceeded to help push the idiot foreigner out of a jam.  ;D

If it happens, it will be my dream holiday. My friends Fiance has some great stuff, and I'll have to check how far it's from Knob creek. So what do you do for left-handed customers with those firearms then Madsmith? Also good story, did you get proper kentucky fried chicken, biscuits and gravy afterwards too? I need to get me some of that.

Online MadSmith

• Board Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 11:28:35 AM »
If it happens, it will be my dream holiday. My friends Fiance has some great stuff, and I'll have to check how far it's from Knob creek. So what do you do for left-handed customers with those firearms then Madsmith? Also good story, did you get proper kentucky fried chicken, biscuits and gravy afterwards too? I need to get me some of that.

Shell deflectors and left handed uppers. 

LOOOVE good 'soul food' Southern cooking!  Including liver and onions, which one can't get in CT.  ;D
The Freedom Shoppe

Online Sixshot6

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 02:37:36 PM »
Shell deflectors and left handed uppers. 

LOOOVE good 'soul food' Southern cooking!  Including liver and onions, which one can't get in CT.  ;D

Last semi decent Soul Food was in Sheffield for me. I want the real thing though, and it's actually her brother that has the stuff, guy even has a steyr aug, but a recent one, not a pre 1989 import  :cry:

Shell deflectors and left-handed uppers are what I thought. I'm guessing left-handed uppers are extra?

Online MadSmith

• Board Moderator
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 09:24:34 PM »
Last semi decent Soul Food was in Sheffield for me. I want the real thing though, and it's actually her brother that has the stuff, guy even has a steyr aug, but a recent one, not a pre 1989 import  :cry:

Shell deflectors and left-handed uppers are what I thought. I'm guessing left-handed uppers are extra?

Yup!

Also, prelim video of Zindo test firing the latest CT legal non-NFA FM16 that a customer ordered with integral suppression.  It's always good to do alignment check, gas pressure check, and live fire test before handing over a custom build.  And hey, if it blows up, there's a backhoe on the premises, and nobody will miss Zindo anyway...   :evil:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:16:21 PM by MadSmith »
The Freedom Shoppe

Online Sixshot6

• Highly Active Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 07:51:30 AM »
Yup!

Also, prelim video of Zindo test firing the latest CT legal non-NFA FM16 that a customer ordered with integral suppression.  It's always good to do alignment check, gas pressure check, and live fire test before handing over a custom build.  And hey, if it blows up, there's a backhoe on the premises, and nobody will miss Zindo anyway...   :evil:

You do God/Kek's work madsmith. Beautiful.

Have you seen this for fixed mag AR's that might work for CT?