Yeah you can carry a "hi-cap" (really standard cap) magazine loaded to 10 rounds in the gun provided you did register that mag with DESPP and it's in a gun purchased prior to the new laws... Any extra mags you carry not in the pistol have to be low cap.
Makes me think it wasn't registered prior to 2014, was loaded over 10 rounds or was in a pistol bought after the April 4th 2013 passage of the new law.
SB1160 Text on LCM's:
Restrictions on Declared LCMs
The bill limits where a person can possess an LCM that was declared. The person may possess it only:
1. at his or her residence;
2. at his or her place of business, or other property he or she owns, provided the LCM contains no more than 10 bullets;
3. on the premises of a target range of a public or private club or organization organized to practice target shooting;
4. while at a target range that holds a regulatory or business license for practicing target shooting;
5. while on the premises of a licensed shooting club;
6. while transporting the LCM between any of the above-mentioned places or to a gun dealer, provided the LCM contains no more than 10 bullets and is transported in compliance with the bill; or
7. under a valid gun permit, provided the LCM (a) is in a handgun lawfully possessed by the person before the bill's passage (April 4, 2013), (b) does not extend beyond the bottom of the pistol grip, and (c) contains no more than 10 bullets.
A violation of the provisions is a class C misdemeanor.