Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Questions about PA.  (Read 3085 times)

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Questions about PA.
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 09:56:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was told you pretty much can just show up and get one as long as you have your CT permit/license...I'm going to go that route in Harris when we go to look at the property.

The other question I had -- Is that I've read up on the law and the LCM provision.

Magazines per what I've been told aren't constituted as firearms or parts there-of.

So If I wanted something bigger than 10, it's doable as long as I leave it in PA, yes?
I'm confused. The part in red, are you referring to CT or to PA? As far as I know PA doesn't prohibit so called LCM's. Our state laws governing large capacity magazines does not apply while outside of CT. That means that while in PA you can have as many magazines as you want and they can be in any capacity you want. Take 33rnd Glock magazines if you want to PA. You can even buy magazines in PA if you wanted to. You would be violating the CT law if you brought back into this state any magazines holding more than 10 rounds that you haven't declared to the state of CT.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:57:57 AM by sbhaven »
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online CTSixshot

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Highly Active Member
  • ...and the truth shall make you free.
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 10:03:31 AM »
Just watch out for the burning coal shafts around Honesdale, Carbondale and Union Dale. Don't need to be falling into any sinkholes, burning or otherwise...

Darn! I wonder if any of the Payes are still in Union Dale or even sweet Malia McGinnis, whatever became of her? Mmmmm!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 10:05:03 AM by CTSixshot »

Online Masked

• Supporting Vendor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 10:13:19 AM »
I'm confused. The part in red, are you referring to CT or to PA? As far as I know PA doesn't prohibit so called LCM's. Our state laws governing large capacity magazines does not apply while outside of CT. That means that while in PA you can have as many magazines as you want and they can be in any capacity you want. Take 33rnd Glock magazines if you want to PA. You can even buy magazines in PA if you wanted to. You would be violating the CT law if you brought back into this state any magazines holding more than 10 rounds that you haven't declared to the state of CT.

That's what I'm asking.

Thanks again SB!

Offline randomsv650

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Highly Active Member
  • DTOM
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 10:56:18 PM »

Would you happen to have the address?  When I search on Google it gives me 3 different addresses for the court house.

Bucks County Court House
55 E. Court Street
1st Floor
Doylestown, PA 18901
The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light. - Rom. 13:12, ESV

Offline toadyrock

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 10:58:03 PM »
 PA>CT

Offline SixShooterFan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 10:28:02 AM »
Bucks County Court House
55 E. Court Street
1st Floor
Doylestown, PA 18901

Thank you!  Perfect, about 40min from some family on the NJ side.  Will be taking a trip there next week.
Member: CCDL, GOA, NRA, SAF

Offline randomsv650

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Highly Active Member
  • DTOM
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 08:44:11 PM »

Thank you!  Perfect, about 40min from some family on the NJ side.  Will be taking a trip there next week.

You will need to provide "reasons" for carrying there. They also ask for 2 references, can't remember if they need to be PA residents or not, though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light. - Rom. 13:12, ESV

Online 2ndamendment45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 06:47:36 AM »
You will need to provide "reasons" for carrying there. They also ask for 2 references, can't remember if they need to be PA residents or not, though

Maybe different counties / sheriffs in PA have different requirements....my wife and I got our PA LTCF in Berks county (Reading), no references were required.  We were asked why are we requesting the LTCF and I said, we are thinking of moving to the free state of PA and would be looking for a home and we like to have protection driving around....the sheriff says OK, just make sure you know the laws traveling from CT through NY and NJ. LTCF was issued in 10 minutes, I think the sheriff did a background check and that was it.

Online 32bttln

• Forum Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 04:48:22 PM »
An old thread, but have not seen any recent discussions on the topic.

Has anyone had any recent experience with the PA Non Resident Permit application? In particular the Doylestown location?

It appears that the process has not changed, but thought I would check.

TIA

Online Masked

• Supporting Vendor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Sup.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 05:58:14 PM »
You essentially need to go to Scranton. - Other boarder towns won’t issue in my experience.

Online Glock84

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 08:47:59 PM »
I went to Doylestown around two months ago and the process was smooth. Brought my form pre filled with info, paid my fee in cash and walked out with my permit in 15 minutes.
They will not issue you a non resident permit if the pistol permit from your state has any restrictions I.e. premesis only, target / hunting etc. It has to be full carry. They saw my ct permit and werent sure if it was unrestricted so they asked another deputy on their staff who confirmed the ct permit doesnt have restrictions on full carry and they issued my non res permit.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 08:52:29 PM by Glock84 »