Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: More nothing at D*ck's Sporting Goods  (Read 309 times)

Offline CTSixshot

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Highly Active Member
  • ...and the truth shall make you free.
  • Referrals: 3
Re: More nothing at D*ck's Sporting Goods
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 07:45:42 PM »
I don't think d*ck's sells reloading gear/components, but back when those sporting goods stores named after each city they were in folded (Albany Sports & something, Lexington Sports and ?, San Antonio Sports and ? (was it Recreation?), I was grabbing Nosler Partitions and other bullets for $2 a box.

Too bad I didn't have enough cash to fill a 53-footer (they didn't have that much product really).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 07:48:15 PM by CTSixshot »

Online 2ndamendment45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: More nothing at D*ck's Sporting Goods
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 12:04:20 PM »
The back story. Even with Tuesday’s decline, d*ck’s shares have still climbed nearly 10% since the start of 2019 (though the shares are still off just under 1% in the trailing 12-month period). Athletic and ‘athleisure’ apparel have been a bright spot in retail, but d*ck’s—like so many bricks-and-mortar peers—has struggled in recent years to fend off online competition. Upbeat results from rivals such as Foot Locker (FL) show the category overall is still healthy—that puts even more pressure on companies like d*ck’s to show they’re still on top of their game.

What’s new. d*ck’s said it earned $1.07 a share on revenue of $2.49 billion in the fourth quarter. Analysts were looking for per-share earnings of $1.06 and revenue of $2.48 billion. Consolidated same-store sales fell 2.2% in the period, while gross margins narrowed to 27.9%.

More from Barron's
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login