News: **Please Read**. If you have a new or renewed membership on the site but it has not been added to your account after a day or two, please send the admin (mrnuke) a private message so your account can be corrected manually. There is an ongoing connectivity error with the Paypal subscription system.

Thank you

Subscription Status

Supporting Member : No
Pro Supp. Member : No

Join & Become a Member
Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

Author Topic: Shooting and manhunt in Oxford  (Read 10826 times)

Offline steve

• Highly Active Member
Shooting and manhunt in Oxford
« on: May 07, 2014, 08:01:55 AM »
I started hearing sirens around 6:00 this morning and on my way into work there were staties and news vans everywhere. I can't find much info yet, but it looks like there was a shooting and police are looking for someone now.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/25450322/state-police?clienttype=generic&smartdevicecgbypass

Offline joea132

• Highly Active Member
  • *insert witty catchphrase*
Re: Shooting and manhunt in Oxford
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 08:07:37 AM »
Walking distance from my house. Reported as a domestic shooting, now possible hostage. My money is on a parent without custody shooting the other parent and new partner and taking the kid. A little close to home with my pregnant wife home alone and me getting off of work this am.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline firepolock

• MADNESS'S CO-DRIVER
  • Highly Active Member
  • MGs, better than sex with a fat girl on a moped
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 08:07:40 AM »
Glad you posted it, at least we know its not you, lol

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

stupid people=job security: the opinions i state are mine, and mine only: ctguntalk.com is not liable for anything i might say or put on this forum:nor am i giving legal advice with my opinions:-)

Offline Broadhead

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep it real
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 08:27:57 AM »
Pissed at the lack of information and this being a short distance from the schools.  We kept our kids home until more info comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline John Castigo

• Banned
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 08:28:41 AM »
Prayers of healing and peace to those affected by this event.

Offline John Castigo

• Banned
  • Highly Active Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
WLAD 800 AM is reporting that the man kidnapped his wife, and has a restraining order against him. Cue Blumenthal and Murphy.

The two shooting victims are the wife's mother and sister.

Brace for the stupid and the spin.

Offline steve

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 08:54:09 AM »
They're reporting the suspect as Scott Gellatly and the kidnapping victim as his wife.

I dug up his FB page and it looks like his wife has been sleeping around. He went away for a bit to clear his head, came back, and she was gone with the kids. I get the impression she wasn't his favorite person.

Offline joea132

• Highly Active Member
  • *insert witty catchphrase*
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 08:57:45 AM »
A little bird said they might have found the pickup in Waterbury...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline steve

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 09:01:59 AM »
Waterbury PD scanner feed had report of shots fired at a mall (Brass Mill?) on the 2nd floor by escalators. I heard a woman scream followed by "one in custody, cancel backup, continue ambulance". Related maybe?

Offline doug

• Highly Active Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 09:14:40 AM »
From his facebook on April 6th

"Me and Lori and Caleb, Joshua went to anti Dee dees house for the 4th of July picnic so we were all out side playen with all the kids Lori said I'll be right back I have to us the bath room so about 25 mins later I said I ED  better check on her to see if she is OK  so I go in the front door and around the corner and there is Lori and mark smith that is married also  he is doing her from behind so I step back and fall to my nees
  at the stairs  going up and I hear mark say I miss doing this with you he have to get to get together 
 more and do this   as I pinch my nose and close my mouth and swollow my throup everything was moven so  slow it felt like an hr there neeping on thous steps . so then I waited for days for her to come to me and talk to me that she made a mistake . but she never did so I talked to her about it ,we went for concelling  and  I asked her if I never confronted  you would you have told me and she told me in  the concealing  that she would of never told me . that was very hard too swollow she also ammitted that when we were first dating that she was sleepen with Dave and Kacey's best man when they got married john conners so I tried to for give her it was hard . but I was getting there a was learn  but this last time I lost it I didtn see it but Lori has something with his name on it from him with the date on it    from  2 / 14 this years so I had to leave because I didn't want to heart anyone  i was so mad it heart like a nife  was in my heart I don't get y some that believe s that they have a great family and would jeperdise something so sweet and betufle. so I removed  my self and took a  little money  and i told her that I needed a vacation .to get  away from her .so the only person I can heart  is my self .. I talked to hear three days later she move all her stuff out and the babies and she said she not coming back so another one    left me god !!!!!!!!! Why what did I do that was wrong I never heart in anyway  god I trust in you I believe in you you are saver . and one day soon I will see you . 

God my one and only    true love ."
"God created men, but Sam Colt made them equal"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal