Supporting Memberships

Our Local Sponsors

Forum Links

CTGUNTALK.COM Forum Links
  1. CT AWB / LCM FAQ
  2. CT Shooting Range Info
  3. CT Gun Shops

Like & Follow us on :

Author Topic: Connecticut Prepares for Gun Confiscation Over Citizens Not Abiding by New Laws  (Read 28706 times)

Offline Zindo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Highly Active Member
  • De Opresso Libre-- "From My Cold Dead Hands
  • Referrals: 0
I kinda feel that the total law was coercion being that you are only given alternatives to a keep product you where previously legally able to purchase and own. Not only that, but a product protected under your Rights in the Constitution. It's not like a car or boat that you're being forced to register. There is no right to either of those legal products!
It's another sinister, incremental impingement on our rights with open ends that probably will cause more harm and intended/unintended consequences to the citizens!

Zindo
Molon Labe--NOBIS NON EXIERIS ARMA!
"The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits.\"
Plutarch

Online sbhaven

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Keep the 2nd Amendment Alive.
  • Referrals: 2
Zindo, yes you are being coerced in a sense since what was once a legal to own and possess is now banned and if you don't do what the state asks and your caught you could end up in jail and if convicted, loose your 2A rights for ever. But in the end the state gave people options, and yes not registering is an option, which is why registering late isn't a violation of one's 5th amendment rights unless that person was prohibited from possessing that firearm prior to 4/4/13 and 1/1/14 to begin with. In which case they were stupid to admit to the state that they own a gun when they're prohibited from doing so.

There is something seriously wrong with our society when our state along with NY can do what they did to a core "right" and it elicits, at best a shrug, at worst cheering applause, from a majority of the citizens. Even when NYC banned 16oz soda's there appeared to be barely a shrug from NYC residents.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:10:48 PM by sbhaven »
Potentially, a government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
- Ayn Rand

Online MadSmith

• Supporting Vendor
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition!
  • Referrals: 4
    • Mad Smith's Enterprises LLC (FB)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There is something seriously wrong with our society when our state along with NY can do what they did to a core "right" and it elicits, at best a shrug, at worst cheering applause, from a majority of the citizens. Even when NYC banned 16oz soda's there appeared to be barely a shrug from NYC residents.

and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:26:43 PM by MadSmith »
Mad Smith's
07 FFL, Firearms, parts and accessories & NFA manufacturing

Offline 3319

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Highly Active Member
"You can make things happen, watch things happen, or wonder what the f**k happened." - Advice given by the father of the late Phil Harris (at a young age); Capt of the Cornelia Marie.

Offline S4ZA

• This space is for rent
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Work on your weaknesses, and overcome them.

I did something very simple. I moved and became a Texas resident on 12/31/2013.
I know some people can't because of family, job, etc.
But let me tell you this. If you're not looking out for #1 (yourself), no one else will. It is imperative that you do what you must to find peace in the short time alive.

Texas:
No state income tax.
Cheaper gasoline (87 @ $3.20)
A gun show every weekend near you.
Like minded folks politically.
A state that is economically thriving.
Texas hospitality. (The wife, a native of CT, thought that Texans were being overly nice to her just because she was a Yankee.)
You don't need to shovel snow in most parts of Texas.
Texans mind their own damned business.
Interstate highways (think I-95) are 3 or 4 lanes on each side!

It took me 7 months to find employment down here. But I am here and I am not ever moving back to the northeast.  Ever.

I have thought about you folks that are in a predicament with regards to possibly becoming felons. I've got a good amount of space to house personal property and was thinking of starting up a "storage business" down here to help certain folks.
At any rate, good luck with y'alls fight.

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!" - Davy Crockett to the US Congress in 1835.

I, also, would like to extend an invitation for y'all to move here to Texas.  It's so much better in all respects.  Honestly. 
-------------------------------------------------
Behave like men determined to be free.

Online joelcramer

• Supporting Vendor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Highly Active Member
  • I fear for our Republic.
Re: Connecticut Prepares for Gun Confiscation Over Citizens
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2018, 11:00:11 AM »
This reply is SPAM DON'T BOTHER to look.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 11:02:57 AM by joelcramer »

Online BerettaBoy213

• Forum Contributor Pro
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Highly Active Member
  • revolverholic
Re: Connecticut Prepares for Gun Confiscation Over Citizens
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2018, 11:54:11 AM »
This reply is SPAM DON'T BOTHER to look.

just reported it to nuke.