Author Topic: BF4 - IMO sucks compared to BF3  (Read 964 times)

Online MrNuke

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Go Big or go Home..
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • CTGUNTALK.COM Firearms Forum
BF4 - IMO sucks compared to BF3
« on: October 12, 2013, 02:00:01 PM »

Anyone else agree?

CTGUNTALK.COM CT's Premier Firearms, Laws, Politics, News and Events Site.

Online Rbadbadger

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Highly Active Member
    YearsYearsYears
Re: BF4 - IMO sucks compared to BF3
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 03:28:46 PM »
It's out??

Offline sunfps

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Standard Member
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
    Years
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »
What's out now is the beta, which I won't play. Reason being is when I played bf3 beta is was horrible and turned me off from the game.
I think once the retail version comes out with the updated sounds/textures/graphics that are optimized for ps4 it should be a fairly good game. Time will tell.

Online Master Shake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PROTECT the 2nd!
    Years
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 06:17:41 PM »
What's out now is the beta, which I won't play. Reason being is when I played bf3 beta is was horrible and turned me off from the game.
I think once the retail version comes out with the updated sounds/textures/graphics that are optimized for ps4 it should be a fairly good game. Time will tell.

I personally liked the Bad Company series.
Those games were very well done. BF3 had a horrible campaign, and the interface in multiplayer kind of turned me off. But it was still good.

Truth is about the Bad Company games is that the more Snipers you have on your team, the more likely you will lose. Too many people hang back trying to snipe targets instead of capture objectives.
The games would be much more competitive if the sniper role was simply canned.

Online MrNuke

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Go Big or go Home..
    • CTGUNTALK.COM Firearms Forum
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 06:23:12 PM »
I know it's a beta, I'm not concerned with the bugs, but the graphics are such low texture it reminds me of a ps2. Way worse than bf3 even. Also IMO the interface is stupid. Evrrything is different just for yhe sake of change, not function.
CTGUNTALK.COM CT's Premier Firearms, Laws, Politics, News and Events Site.

Online banshee89

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Scratch and Sniff
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 07:26:43 PM »
I am up to a level 5 in BF4.... and I kind of agree with you. The game itself is fun but it just feels kind of sterile.  Its hard to describe.

I even took some screenshots to try and figure it out.  Granted this is a bad comparison because they are different maps.... but you get the idea:

BF4:

BF3:

I don't know..... BF3 just pops out at you and it seems you can go into more buildings on BF3. Not to mention the environments seem more destructible in BF3.

They hyped for months about how the environment was going to be more destructible and more buildings would be accessible, but so far I'm not seeing it.

I am going to hold out final judgment until the release as it is only a beta.. and one map at that. 

Online krisp

• Forum Contributor
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Highly Active Member
    YearsYears
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 08:56:44 PM »
I havent played much of the beta but the textures are not final which is why it looks very bland. I also had to turn the settings down to get decent gameplay. I agree with the post above about it being beta, and I also played some BF3 beta and it was also pretty crappy compared to the game a few patches after launch.

Also keep in mind that there's only one map to play right now, there will be 10 at launch and they will be more polished versions then the beta map.

Online 19cohiba75

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Highly Active Member
  • Don't Tread on Me
    YearsYears
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »
Been out of the gaming scene for some time, what systems are you guys going with when they hit the market soon ? PS4 or Xbox  ?